Christian Climbers.

gforceclimber

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aug. '73 - I was 21 and on my second tour to Vietnam then...

I've heard that all the baby killer comments aimed at soldiers returning from Vietnam were the result of rumor mongering on the part of some supporters of the war. It never really happened in earnest. Discuss.

My dad did two tours as well, 68 and 70. Mom still has the Sat Cong plaque on display, just above the big green porcelain elephants.

....including excessive hallucinogenic drug use.

Define 'excessive'...

I like how he singles out hallucinogenic drugs and not things like alcohol, which is, of course, 'socially acceptable'.....

And, of course, alcohol never makes you think or believe things that aren't true or real....

it takes less acid to fuck you up over a shorter period of time - and cause permanent damage.

too much alcohol over a long time can fuck you up permanently as well, of course. nice try at obfuscation, however. :rolleyes:

Define 'excessive'...

I like how he singles out hallucinogenic drugs and not things like alcohol, which is, of course, 'socially acceptable'.....

And, of course, alcohol never makes you think or believe things that aren't true or real....

it takes less acid to fuck you up over a shorter period of time - and cause permanent damage.

too much alcohol over a long time can fuck you up permanently as well, of course. nice try at obfuscation, however. :rolleyes:

Why don't you tell us how many people die every year from alcohol poisoning :brew: vs. from LSD overdoses, then? :toad:

Define 'excessive'...

Why don't you tell us how many people die every year from alcohol poisoning :brew: vs. from LSD overdoses, then? :toad:

good point (for once I'll give you one).

but people OD on Ecstasy, Cocaine, and Heroine too. you can take anything in a large enough quantity and kill yourself (even good old dihydrogen monoxide).

I don't think anyone has OD'd on gange though, so you're safe! :grlaf:

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak

It takes less acid to fuck you up over a shorter period of time - and cause permanent damage.

Let's attempt to agree that a clear understanding of the short and long term clinical manifestations and moderate intake are the hallmarks of informed use of any substance. As far as 'permanent damage' from LSD use goes, it is considered a non-toxic substance with temporary psychological effects and a remote possibility for chronic psychosis and a medically recognized, though somewhat controversial, condition known as 'Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD)'. By and large it isn't going to affect the average healthy individual in any significant [negative] or lasting way. So in general, evidence for 'permanent damage' is quite limited, though it does indeed happen to a few folks and there is no clear indication why.

All that said, it has more potential for good than most substances drifting about out there for human consumption. The principal problem with it is it's most often used in chaotic party settings with no attempt to actively utilize much of what it offers in a more structured and directed way. Plain and simple, you're just not likely to get the most out of the experience dropping after four beers on the way to a party where toking up, drinking more, and getting laid are the main objectives. Not that that is necessarily bad, but you're just kind of selling the stuff way short on what it's capable of delivering.

The principal lesson I learned from using it to climb was that 99.9% of the time we don't fall off climbs at our physical limit - we jump off them at our emotional limit and kid ourselves that we fell. Once I realized I was doing this I worked to be more aware of it, not beat myself, and simply do it less. My climbing really took off as a result of that. But even after becoming aware of that little gem, I bet over a 33 year climbing career I've only climbed close to my physical limit less than a dozen times, and most of those under duress, with maybe three or four times max under my control.

jesus christ super star. if i were jesus, i would have turned a cactus into kind bud. smoke up everyone.

I don't think there are any cacti in the holy land. otherwise they'd all drink tequila and be a lot happier.

don't ruin my miracle

Not to ruin anyone's miracle, but Jesus was a Mickey's man:

277814500_e154314640.jpg

You know some of you people in here are just Jack asses themselves. Let me put this in some light. For some of you a picture like this would be like some one saying to you "pick up your climbing gear, put it in the fire it ain't shit".

So on behalf of my God, and excuse my language cause I'm a sinner. Fuck yourselves.

Not to ruin anyone's miracle, but Jesus was a Mickey's man:

277814500_e154314640.jpg

You know some of you people in here are just Jack asses themselves. Let me put this in some light. For some of you a picture like this would be like some one saying to you "pick up your climbing gear, put it in the fire it ain't shit".

So on behalf of my God, and excuse my language cause I'm a sinner. Fuck yourselves.

Mark 6:7-12

What, you don't like birthday parties?