• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
David_Parker

Watusi Rodeo

Just a little hint....for those who have been eyeing Colonial peak/Watusi Rodeo.....this is what you've been waiting for. As far as I know it would be 5th ascent. Put your kahunas where your mouth is! ;)

Should we skip the ice screws to save weight? You and Wayne may have been the first to climb the route sans screws, no? Thanks for the heads up. That certainly is a bold monster face.

Just a little hint....for those who have been eyeing Colonial peak/Watusi Rodeo.....this is what you've been waiting for. As far as I know it would be 5th ascent. Put your kahunas where your mouth is! ;)

Turn up the heat, stir the pot and see what happens. Monday T/R post reads....climbers stacked up at the base of Watusi like cord wood.

It can be done in one day.....or at least approach to base camp in afternoon and then do up and back to car in a day. This is NOT a weekend warrior route. This is same scenario Wayne and I waited for... and same time of year: multiple days of high pressure weather. Get it on Thursday or Friday or wait another year or two! No more excuses...

how about I have a compacted toenail from last weekend and can barely walk in sandals, less ridig ice boots repeatedly bashing into the ice? no, that's still a lame excuse. look for my corpse or amputated foot at the base.

It can be done in one day.....or at least approach to base camp in afternoon and then do up and back to car in a day. This is NOT a weekend warrior route. This is same scenario Wayne and I waited for... and same time of year: multiple days of high pressure weather. Get it on Thursday or Friday or wait another year or two! No more excuses...

Why not climb something new instead of doing a fifth ascent. Its not like there aren't any sweet unclimbed lines out there. Besides, its a Twight route. sickie

And all this talk of Watusi and stuff is just so people forget about this:

http://www.pbase.com/nolock/image/40358123

Right?

Actually, no. I was in there last fri-sat. It's not anywhere near the conditions philfort's original picture showed. The ice is unprotectable snice, and it will be mostly a long mixed route at a pretty high standard.

that's much more that when i was there on saturday. be careful that the ice isn't garbage. still, shouldn't stop folk from trying! go get it.