State of the Dumbass.

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but I say never mind the 725 days. I'm betting that Bush and his buddy Cheney will be removed from office in July of 2007. (The proverbial fan is goobered up with shit, but now the blades are starting to spin.)

Btw, that was five minutes more than I'd dare risk. You OK now? :mistat:

If you watched the first five minutes, you saw him tell what was probably the biggest lie of the night about how he had done so much to reduce the Federal deficit, but all in all I thought it was a pretty good speech. He didn't rail on gays or talk about stem cell research, he didn't try to suggest Iraq atttacked us on 911 like he did in the first five minutes of last year's SOU, and he even had me going for a minute there when he was saying how important it was not to fail in Iraq. It was a little weak on grand vision and I didn't think his American heroes bit at the end was woven very well into the speech, though.

Listened to if for 5 minutes, got sick and turned it off. The Democratic response was nice.

BUSH SUCKS. Only 725 more days.

yeah...better to not stomach it and make your own opinions about it. it is so much easier to just read the RTimes in the morning to find out what you think.

If you watched the first five minutes, you saw him tell what was probably the biggest lie of the night about how he had done so much to reduce the Federal deficit, but all in all I thought it was a pretty good speech. He didn't rail on gays or talk about stem cell research, he didn't try to suggest Iraq atttacked us on 911 like he did in the first five minutes of last year's SOU, and he even had me going for a minute there when he was saying how important it was not to fail in Iraq. It was a little weak on grand vision and I didn't think his American heroes bit at the end was woven very well into the speech, though.

It was a pretty good speech because of the earlier insults he didn't repeat? Come on.

Bush has a zero follow through track record. The speech was pandering to his newly democratic audience, but as usual, he has no intent to follow through. His vague 'energy plan' would still increase greenhouse gases by at least 15% by 2020, and can only be executed through a heavy reliance on coal gasification (being heavily pushed by coal producing states and energy companies) which doubles the greenhouse gas release per gallon of gasoline burned: a disaster. He had a big energy plan during his last speech, too: hydrogen (uh, sometime in the far, far future, and not energy efficient to produce anyway), alternative fuels (funded by a whopping 30 million dollars for research).

And what of our imminent attack on Iran?

It would be nice to be surprised this time, but so far, in six years, all the man has been able to do is make empty promises, lie, destroy our global reputation, consolidate executive power an the expense of civil liberties, divide the country, waste enormous amounts of our money on projects that only hurt our future, and send our troops to die in pointless wars.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Bush has a zero follow through track record.

isn't one of the major criticisms of Bush that he doesn't alter his plans and adjust (ie iraq)???

OK, you got me there. He has great follow through on distastrous mistakes. Another example: he didn't do much after Katrina, and still hasn't done much; great follow through there, too.

Not discussing China was for the same reason that I'll note that the light switch is broken and get it fixed by the end of the weekend, but I don't really want to talk about and try not to think about those tiles in the shower that wiggle.

i.e. head in the sand, hope it will fix itself method of tackling difficult problems