Fluoride Good,Bad Why?

layton

So can you really trust the "studies" that say fluoride is safe? You have to believe that science can not possibly be corrupted. Which is always in question when BIG money is involved.

When multiple double-blind studies refute your conspiracy theories, I guess the next best option is to claim that they were faked. :wave:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can you really trust the "studies" that say fluoride is safe? You have to believe that science can not possibly be corrupted. Which is always in question when BIG money is involved.

One extreme result of this mindset is, of course, that no scientific studies are valid unless they validate your preconceived notion of what the answer should be.

Should you not have proof of conspiracy, or at least strong circumstantial evidence of it, before claiming one exists?

When multiple double-blind studies refute your conspiracy theories, I guess the next best option is to claim that they were faked. :wave:

WTF they can't see what they are doing, why should I trust them!

blindfolded_four.JPG

Have yourselves a nice, tall, cool glass of flouride and let me know how you feel afterwards.

It's well known toxicity is hardly a conspiracy theory.

I prefer only two chemicals in my water: Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Did you mean elements?

No, cuntybahs. As usual, I'm way ahead of you.

I filter my drinking water, which takes most additives and impurities out, so I don't have to worry much about whether some future study, as so often happens, connects rat studies with human, or whether some other health affect not previously investigated will crop up in the future. Plus, pure water tastes better. In the case of aluminum; aluminum oxides are bad for you, they just haven't been proven to cause Alzheimers. Non stick coatings, once they begin to flake off (which they always do) are even worse. I cook on cast iron and stainless, which does a better job anyway and is much easier to clean with using less soap. Flouride has mixed reviews as for it's health affects, it not essential to sustain life, nor is it necessary for good dental care if sound dental hygiene and a good diet are observed. I'll take the plain water, and avoid any potential health affects entirely. I pretty much take the same viewpoint with all household chemicals, in cleaners, soap, shampoo, etc. End of story.

A great analogy is global warming, which is excepted now by the scientific community and much of the rest of the population as a serious reality. Ten years ago, it wasn't the case. The studies weren't as conclusive, but some of us started conserving on energy usage anyway, just to be on the safe side.

So it is with household chemicals. You don't need them (that much IS known) why injest them? Why release them into the environment? Pretty simple, really. Unless, of course, you're a fucking moron.

What's even more telling is that we don't really know what is causing such high rates of many cancers in the US. So much for your conclusive studies. Feeling lucky?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Have yourselves a nice, tall, cool glass of flouride and let me know how you feel afterwards.

It's well known toxicity is hardly a conspiracy theory.

I prefer only two chemicals in my water: Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Did you mean elements?

No, cuntybahs. As usual, I'm way ahead of you.

I filter my drinking water, which takes most additives and impurities out, so I don't have to worry much about whether some future study, as so often happens, connects rat studies with human, or whether some other health affect not previously investigated will crop up in the future. Plus, pure water tastes better. In the case of aluminum; aluminum oxides are bad for you, they just haven't been proven to cause Alzheimers. Non stick coatings, once they begin to flake off (which they always do) are even worse. I cook on cast iron and stainless, which does a better job anyway and is much easier to clean with using less soap. Flouride has mixed reviews as for it's health affects, it not essential to sustain life, nor is it necessary for good dental care if sound dental hygiene and a good diet are observed. I'll take the plain water, and avoid any potential health affects entirely. I pretty much take the same viewpoint with all household chemicals, in cleaners, soap, shampoo, etc. End of story.

I just wasn't sure if you were referring to the elementary composition of the water molecules themselves, or if any molecule composed of only hydrogen and oxygen, like hydrogen peroxide, would be permissible under this regimen.

A great analogy is global warming, which is excepted now by the scientific community and much of the rest of the population as a serious reality. Ten years ago, it wasn't the case. The studies weren't as conclusive, but some of us started conserving on energy usage anyway, just to be on the safe side.

So it is with household chemicals. You don't need them (that much IS known) why injest them? Why release them into the environment? Pretty simple, really. Unless, of course, you're a fucking moron.

What's even more telling is that we don't really know what is causing such high rates of many cancers in the US. So much for your conclusive studies. Feeling lucky?

I'm a sucker for chemical jokes, that's all.

A great analogy is global warming

For water flouridation, that's a pretty lousy analogy.

I realize that some of the more mentally challenged out there didn't get the point of the analogy, so I'll lay it out in simpler terms one more time.

The point is not not about flouridation, it has more to do with an environmental issue about which there is conflicting evidence. E coli on spinach and burgers. Aluminum chloride in anti perspirant. There are a million such issues about which there are many unanswered questions.

Rather than waste huge amounts of time defending conspiracy theories about this household chemical or that, or equal amounts of time googling studies that refute them (and let's face it, not a single one of us on this forum really know jack shit about flouridation one way or the other), I simply take the issue off my plate entirely. Soaps based on natural plant oils, no harsh household cleaners, conserve wherever possible, eat as organic and healthy as possible. I don't worry about e coli on spinach: I grow my own. The store bought stuff sucks. I don't worry about aluminum pots one way or the other. I don't use them. They suck too. Artificial sweeteners? Don't care. High fructose corn syryp? I don't eat it.

That way I only have to waste my life investigating or worrying about the benefits/effects of all that artificial and processed crap you can buy at any grocery store. That leaves me plenty of time to focus on more relevant issues, like how much red wine I can get away with swilling every night at dinner.

If you feel the need to call this lifestyle driven by 'conspiracy theory', go ahead, but it's driven by a much more time tested philosophy that people have known for thousands of years: good food right from the source with a minimum of processing, pure water, not using more than you need of anything, washed down with plenty of good German pilsner is a good way to live.

blah...blah

Do you rub your pits with a rock for that "Oh So Fresh" stench? Do you brush your teeth with sand? Perhaps you run your D.I. water through a magnet to align it with the healing energy of the cosmos. You certainly haven't heard of hyponatremia, but hey, don't worry, the magnet will take care of it.

P.S.: I just took a dump in your garden, how's that for E. coli.

The point is, Mr. Mentally Challenged, is that you have presented no clinically-based peer-reviewed 'conflicting evidence' apropos flouridation. You've wasted a lot of bandwidth touting your 'superior lifestyle choices' but haven't spent much time backing up your argument against what we were talking about initially. You're starting to sound like a politician: obfuscate and misdirect.

Oh...YOU'RE Mr. Mentally Challenged!!!!!1

My initial comment was simply that there seemed to be some conflicting information about flouridation, that it's very common for chemicals once thought to be safe (from early scientific studies) later prove not to be, and so I think it's prudent to simply to avoid the issue by drinking pure water. I looked into the issue for about, oh, all of 30 seconds on the web, and don't care to do more, because, unless flouridation has been proven to enlarge your penis and bank account, I choose not to injest it. Why should I? I don't have a problem with tooth decay. It's not a required nutrient. There can be no upside to it for me. Whether or not studies show it's harmful is really neither the basis of my viewpoint nor is it my concern.

This is not a prescription for anyone else's behaviour, just my own decision. Why this lights up several of you probably has more to do with your compulsion to masturbate over the minutia of a topic you really have no expertise in than anything else. If you don't agree with my personal decision, ignore it. If you my opinion's irrelevant, well, I don't. Again, either ignore it or fuck off.

As for me 'wasting time', that is fucking ludricrous. First of all, it is Spray; by definition a waste of time. The only time I'm wasting is my own. No one is being forced to read my postings.

Edited by tvashtarkatena