Your 2007 Climbing Resolution(s)

foraker

Things I've been wanting to do but never got around to due to lack of time, competent partner or one of several other lame reasons:

Angel Crest

Slesse NE Buttress

South Howser Tower West Buttress

Oh, and go to Tuff Luv or Rope-up to meet some of you avatars.

Edited by bstach

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
Learn to climb with children.

please share w/ me any secrets you discover...

Why, do you have kids?

2 - had a significantly harder time getting out last year, in part b/c my son was so young - the year before though when it was just my daugher was wild fun though so i'm hopeful it'll get better soon

RuMR seems to have succeeded in the kids/climbing venture.

make no mistake, personal climbing goes waaaay down...kids are climbing a ton, but me, not so much these days...but, you know, i get as stoked on them climbing well as i do myself...its rad to watch them develop...

its even a tear jerker when your kid says "later dad" and runs out of the house to climb with YOUR buddies while you are doing "honey-do's" and yardwork...

i've turned my yard into a wilderness preserve and my wife doesn't generally ask me to do things i haven't already figured out i need to do first - a great woman, if not more than a little crazy too! anyway, i got a lot of vertical feet in this past year so can't complain 'bout much 'cept suffering the infernal virginia heat for a whole month out of the summer. alpine climbing's suffered the most out of everything, but it's coming back in a big way...

Learn to climb with children.

please share w/ me any secrets you discover...

Why, do you have kids?

2 - had a significantly harder time getting out last year, in part b/c my son was so young - the year before though when it was just my daugher was wild fun though so i'm hopeful it'll get better soon

RuMR seems to have succeeded in the kids/climbing venture.

make no mistake, personal climbing goes waaaay down...kids are climbing a ton, but me, not so much these days...but, you know, i get as stoked on them climbing well as i do myself...its rad to watch them develop...

there's nothing hard about climbing with kids. sure they add a little weight to your harness and pack but they work great in off width and chimneys. just stuff them in when you need large pro, use a double length and girth hitch. 2-5 year olds work great for that size that's just bigger than a #5 cam.