pdx ice festival???

vert

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland Rock Gym.

- Black Diamond, Petzl, Grivel, La Sportiva, Vasque, Arcteryx, Patagonia and maybe DMM on hand with demo gear (if you are a vendor interested in attending send an email to pdxicefestival@gmail.com

- Informal comp with newbie, womens, and experienced divisions.

- You don't have to compete if you don't want to.

- Slideshow

- Thousands of dollars worth of gear will be raffled (multiple raffles) with all proceeds going to THE ACCESS FUND. If you send an email to pdxicefestival@gmail.com with your name stating you will be attending you will automatically be entered in a special raffle open only to people who preregister for some sweet prizes (no entering this raffle at the event).

- Informal instruction from Roger Strong and other top ice/mixed climbers for those who have little or no ice/mixed experience.

...and if you still needed a reason: FREE BEER FREE BEER FREE BEER

All I'm saying is this and I'm finished with this topic. I set the Ropeup date way back on August 4th (and I actually scheduled it around the date you originally set this thing for). Ropeup is a party put on for CC.com by CC.com that has no sponsorship other than the companies that support this website. It was a pretty good time last year, and I'm sure its going to be fun once again. The beer is just as free this year as it was last year, but this time we're accepting donations for Kurt's recovery fund.

Too bad you had to pick this date, I'm sure both events will have an impact on the other's attendance. Best of luck with your fest.

But still what? We're raising money for the access fund. Who wouldn't want to support that?

This whole thing is grassroots... everything I have gotten for this event has been begged, donated or is coming out of my own pocket (like kegs). The PRG has graciously accommodated us even though we have no money to rent the place... local shops are stepping up with donations... bottom line is we don't have any corporate sponsoring either... but MD and I didn't want to have it any other way... grassroots!

I agree that it totally sucks that this is the same weekend as rope up but with the exception of me last year no one from OR showed up at Rope Up... what are guys worried about?

uh, yah, i noticed the same problem, now for the eternal question, debauchery or progression, ahhhh confused.gif

Being that the event will have free beer and PRG is within stumbling distance of the doug fir and Mary's Club (google it if you aren't at work) I think the choice is obvious...

WTF?! False advertising. Mary's Club is downtown on Broadway next to US Outdoor.

You must be referring to Union Jack's, which is famous for being run by the Russian Mafia. Get your PDX dens of sin straightened out if you're gonna appeal to the leacherous. wave.gif