infinite bliss

alpine1

Alpine1 - Don't listen to the nay-sayers. Infinite Bliss is wonderful fun. Yes it has bolts to protect the face/slab climbing (aaagghh!! God forbid!!! Let us all burn in hell) but it is certainly not a sport route. I recommend being comfortable at the grade because of the runouts, and be careful with your routefinding on pitch 15. If you use the search function you will find the topo that I used, and that's all the info you need.

Furthermore, I think there is enough climbing in the Cascades to go around for everyone, I don't understand why we have to be so hateful towards a great route that wouldn't be available otherwise. JosephH you are right, we don't want you on it, because you're a dink. Take your Holier-Than-Thou bs somewhere else.

Not to quibble with you Dru, but shouldn't that be Talk+Action = 1?

Oh, and lets all take a chill pill and not be getting all dink this and motherfucker that, with a punch in the mouth thrown in, mmmkay?

Edited by Off_White

Even more digression: The solution of Johnny Blitz' equation has alway kinda bugged me:

Talk - Action = Zilch... So what then, Talk = Action?

What it was meant to represent is back up what you say you are going to do.

Additionally (and the main point of the equation) is don't over talk a route or give any more discussion to something you climbed then the climb merits.

I believe Blitz's comments were aimed at particular FAs that were sprayed about way more than the route actually deserved in mags, etc as the climbers were trying to appease sponsors among other things.

Yeah mathematically if fails but its more meant as a simple one liner response that has semi morphed into the tag line for the brotherhood.

Blitz makes a great point IMO.

OW, I'll see if I can dig a couple route photos up.

John,

Yep, I figured all that, and I absolutely agree with the intent. But it seems a bit odd that someone as meticulous and conscious of details as Twight would publicize a comment that falls apart when you take a second look at it.

Of course I don't have any better ideas so I suppose this is an example of talk without action...

-M