infinite bliss

alpine1

How about a sticky for this? There seems to be somebody asking for beta on the route with their second or third post every other week...I'm sure those who are answering today will get more annoyed with each request for the same information. smileysex5.gif

How about a sticky for this?

But then someone will get pissed that CC.com is tacitly supporting IB's very existence instead of railing for its destruction, but willing to ignore similar multi-pitch sport routes elsewhere in Washington...so let's not.

yawn - the route's there - I've climbed it, liked it and no it's not a "sport route". I don't think there should be a sticky - people who want to climb it should AT LEAST have to put in the effort to use the damn search function - there's plenty o' info when you use that.

And on the otherhand, I appreciate Joseph's restraint, which shows more concern for climbing as a whole. Bolt wars are ugly civil war affairs that tend to damage all climbers relationships with outside authority and threaten everyone's access. I think his position is more effectively made by cogently arguing his point rather than going rogue with a chisel.

maybe i'm confused but i don't think either of my comments above could be construed as "hate-fuck-ignorant-bliss" - i agreed it doesn't need a sticky nor should we always be bitchign about it - if i live as long as i want i'm sure some day i'll climb it after exhausting all the alpine trad stuff i care to climb, assuming the Bolt War doesn't descend upon us all

this is a good ending:

Pagliaro said the best advice he can give for anyone wanting to start climbing is to “make sure you learn from people who know what they’re talking about and take your time getting into the sport. Make sure you get in lots of practice on beginner and intermediate routes before you jump into a route like Infinite Bliss.”

The underlying assumption sounds like folks immediately think that now the route is bolted, any schmoe can run up it. This is the psychological side of bolting that I am not sure I like.

Digression: Note that Infinite Bliss is really a variation of a route put up in 1999 by Mike Preiss onsight, solo (some self-belaying) and with no bolts.

Even more digression: The solution of Johnny Blitz' equation has alway kinda bugged me:

Talk - Action = Zilch... So what then, Talk = Action?