grammar

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The following is a quote from a relative of a deceased miner.

"Three hours later he come back and said they wasn't."

Ignoring the context of the mining accident, isn't it embarrassing that in a country as rich and modern as ours, we can't get full-blooded Americans to demonstrate elementary-school-level understanding of verbs?

I wonder if there's some more evil underpinning, e.g. mining companies know that they need to exploit undereducated impoverished workers, so there's no incentive to promote education, economic growth, etc., in the area.

man you are an embarrassmnet. And you know what makes it worse is your seemingly genetic inability to acknowledge your idiocy, displaying instead your ignorance cloaked as a strange arrogance. perhaps that's what you get when you take a socially disabled buffoon compensating for his inadequacies with his "intellect".

And for you all joining in his shit? I can't believe your callousness. From gary I expect it, since he has shown his deformity over and over, but you guys? fuck off knocking some deceased miners' families vocabulary skills, as if education is the end-all.

In an era of homogenity I find regional variations of grammar and syntax very interesting and noteworthy - and that feeble minded academic pedants are among the few who care about lapses.

Well said.

Maybe it's time for Gary to study a little linguistics and understand the difference between a normative dialect, and regional ones. rolleyes.gif

I think mining companies should put computers in the mines so the workers can complain about the people they work with and other things all day long. They would complain about the USPS but they aren't stupid enough to mail something 2 days before Christmas and expect it to get there on time.

Sure they had less education but given the issues they dealt with you would choose mining as a career given the limited choices.

W. VA is a poor state with little resources and limited opportunities. If you've ever had to work with your hands and back you appreciate that you've managed to move beyond that type of work but have a great deal of empathy for those less fortunate.

So the question is: why isn't more being done to educate and empower them?

Sure they had less education but given the issues they dealt with you would choose mining as a career given the limited choices.

W. VA is a poor state with little resources and limited opportunities. If you've ever had to work with your hands and back you appreciate that you've managed to move beyond that type of work but have a great deal of empathy for those less fortunate.

How about you go into education when you graduate?

Edited by John Frieh

I think mining companies should put computers in the mines so the workers can complain about the people they work with and other things all day long. They would complain about the USPS but they aren't stupid enough to mail something 2 days before Christmas and expect it to get there on time.

quit harshing on the dogpile...wank...

I think they should make the miners take English classes, and Gary should grade their papers. The union bosses will tell Gary when he needs to finish grading. "I said now". "Are you done yet?".

hahaha.gif

Gary, Just Stop! mad.gif Especially while you still have a few out there defending your cluelessness. Just put a sock in it! crazy.gif

I think they should make the miners take English classes, and Gary should grade their papers. The union bosses will tell Gary when he needs to finish grading. "I said now". "Are you done yet?".

hahaha.gif

gary would open his mouff and get the shit kicked out of him in two seconds flat...he'd be the gopher boy...as in "go for" this and that...

They would complain about the USPS but they aren't stupid enough to mail something 2 days before Christmas and expect it to get there on time.

Funny Jon, but 2 days was 5 days, and the worker told me that Priority Mail would get there on time. And as promised, I haven't whined in the past week, and you won't see another whine from me.

They would complain about the USPS but they aren't stupid enough to mail something 2 days before Christmas and expect it to get there on time.

Funny Jon, but 2 days was 5 days, and the worker told me that Priority Mail would get there on time. And as promised, I haven't whined in the past week, and you won't see another whine from me.

And Monkeys will fly out of my Butt! fruit.gif