The what did you do this weekend thread

Dave_Schuldt

Enough of Katrina and the political fallout. Let's get down to what's realy important.

Saturday - MTB ride MF Snoqualmie Trail. Awesome, wish I was a beter technical rider. This trail isn't for biginers. Fairwether, get your lazy ass out there and check it out. Your friends at the WTA have done a great job. If it's not hard enough for you let me know. My suspension got a full workout.

Sunday - Yoga to recover then Bumbershoot.

Monday - 60 mile road ride then chores a chillin'

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enough of Katrina and the political fallout. Let's get down to what's realy important.

Saturday - MTB ride MF Snoqualmie Trail. Awesome, wish I was a beter technical rider. This trail isn't for biginers. Fairwether, get your lazy ass out there and check it out. Your friends at the WTA have done a great job. If it's not hard enough for you let me know. My suspension got a full workout.

do you climb?

Dave, I rode Suntop on Saturday and finished it off by riding out Skookum Flats. Done by noon. Yoga is for girls. Bumbershoot is for freaks. moon.gifyellaf.gif

Well finally got around to going out to Tanzania to check out a cliff I flew by in a helicopter when I first got out here.

3794Rusumo_065.jpg

It sort of sucked because after dealing with both of the borders Rwanda and Tanzania for over an hour, Tanzania refused to let us climb. So my friend and I took off to see about some boulders that we saw on the drive. We managed to get a little pebble pulling in to redeem our day. Nothing really difficult and not worth the drive really, especially for you all.

3794Rusumo_063.jpg

3794Rusumo_064.jpg

I went to Washington Pass this weekend with Cman. We climbed the Minute Man on Saturday. On Sunday we climbed the Barber Poll in light snow and rain. We got sick of freezing on Monday and went down to Mazama and climbed an overbolted wazzup.gif, but fun, sport route on Goat Wall; Prime Rib I believe.

Climbed Sunday and Monday at Vantage. Saturday climbed at Middle East Wall and saw no others all day. Nice and shady with perfect climbing temperatures. Did 272, Theresea's Lingerie, Sex Party, The Elders, a 5.10b sport route, and Crazy Fingers. The last looks like it doesn't get done often, which is surprising because it is a fine route on solid rock.

Sunday went to Sunshine wall and warmed up on some old favorites before attempting to lead George and Martha for the first time. Yikes! It was harder than I expected. It's way harder than either Air Guitar, Sex Party, or Crazy Fingers. I got to the top but only by virtue of an "active belay".

Met some very friendly Canadians from Vancouver, one of which I belayed on top rope up Geo. and Martha. We were invited to come up and climb with them at Squamish. thumbs_up.gif

Climbed in the Icicle on Saturday, including some routes on Domestic Dome - that snag is looking prime to peel. My crack technique hasn't gotten better w/o practice - thrutching comes to mind. Checked out the bolt anchors for an upcoming kids class. Saw only a few folks - very quiet. Sunday woodworking and 10 mi run. Sunday woodworking (stabbed self with chisel - don't do this) and brewski with friends.

Got dumped by yet another guy on Friday (Actually ran into him and a "date" at the tom petty concert friday night...maybe I did the dumping??) Regardless

Saturday danced 1/2 naked on a bar, made out with the pizza delivery guy that I hitched a ride with to the other side of ellensburg (it was a long walk!! Who cares if he's only 17!!) Ended up doing a stip tease on top of some team ropers trailer (yes..I was in Ellensburg for the rodeo) and my friends had to carry me back to the truck after I passed out.

Sunday- A repeat of Saturday...minus the pizza delivery guy. ... Guess I pulled the "so cowboy, how'd you do today" to some famous cowboy in the beer garden. got the response "Umm not so good ma'am...got bucked off" to which I Did the "too bad, soo sad, look at what you could of had" cheer too. Yeah, don't remember much else. CRAZY WEEKEND!!

Monday- SLEPT! Ran for 2 hours pissed off and recapping the ex, and laughed hysterically with my friends over the phone recapping my...umm...behavior! Ohh I love being young and dumb!!

Climbed Sunday and Monday at Vantage. Saturday climbed at Middle East Wall and saw no others all day. Nice and shady with perfect climbing temperatures. Did 272, Theresea's Lingerie, Sex Party, The Elders, a 5.10b sport route, and Crazy Fingers. The last looks like it doesn't get done often, which is surprising because it is a fine route on solid rock.

Sunday went to Sunshine wall and warmed up on some old favorites before attempting to lead George and Martha for the first time. Yikes! It was harder than I expected. It's way harder than either Air Guitar, Sex Party, or Crazy Fingers. I got to the top but only by virtue of an "active belay".

Met some very friendly Canadians from Vancouver, one of which I belayed on top rope up Geo. and Martha. We were invited to come up and climb with them at Squamish. thumbs_up.gif

So...i guess those would all be OS 5.9???? hellno3d.gif

Got dumped by yet another guy on Friday (Actually ran into him and a "date" at the tom petty concert friday night...maybe I did the dumping??) Regardless

Saturday danced 1/2 naked on a bar, made out with the pizza delivery guy that I hitched a ride with to the other side of ellensburg (it was a long walk!! Who cares if he's only 17!!) Ended up doing a stip tease on top of some team ropers trailer (yes..I was in Ellensburg for the rodeo) and my friends had to carry me back to the truck after I passed out.

Sunday- A repeat of Saturday...minus the pizza delivery guy. ... Guess I pulled the "so cowboy, how'd you do today" to some famous cowboy in the beer garden. got the response "Umm not so good ma'am...got bucked off" to which I Did the "too bad, soo sad, look at what you could of had" cheer too. Yeah, don't remember much else. CRAZY WEEKEND!!

Monday- SLEPT! Ran for 2 hours pissed off and recapping the ex, and laughed hysterically with my friends over the phone recapping my...umm...behavior! Ohh I love being young and dumb!!

just wait til you're old and dumb...

Stayed at a condo just east of Glacier Friday night. Saturday headed up to Yellow Aster Butte w/ a group of people. Got rained on off and on the rest of the day and night. Looked like more of the same for Sunday, so we headed back to the condo. I did find out I can cram 6 people in my 2 person tent, helped that most of them were female. That was one way to beat being wet and cold. Returned on Monday when it was sunny and beautiful.