Nut Tool Recommendations

BradW

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think any climbers out there have had to bail because they were using the wrong brand of nut tool.

the one with integral knife could be useful if you need to cut a lot of webbing or if you want to be aron ralston and do surgery with your nut tool.

Ushba..

BD is good, the DMM one with the hooks on the back end sux. Ed Leeper thinks a lot of his design.

Ushba - thin, has a nice flat end to hit, works. disadvantage - it's Ti, so people will think you're a geek for having a ti nutter. rolleyes.gif

Anything opens beer bottles...

All of the advice so far has been good. DMM also makes a blue handle model which is good.

If I had to buy 1: Trango shark.

If I did alpine or long routes: Ushba titanium.

But I don't have to choose one, so I have all of the tools mentioned except the Metlious, and I climb with 3 people who own that one and it works fine too. It did take me a few days to break my trango tool although it still sort of works.

BTW: Joseph has a nice racking sling for his tool you should all check out.

...Real hard-men don't need built-in 'biners- we stash our nut tools in our ass-cracks. Serves as tp. Light is right, baby. I open beer bottles with my ass-crack, too. bigdrink.gif

I think I've discovered why your beer tastes like shit dude! laugh.giftongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...