Incredibles?

ChrisT

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware of that category. But the ultimate category is Best Picture. In order for the best animated picture to jump up to the higher echelon it would have to have three things going for it:

1. It would have to be an incredible effort

2. It would have to gross $$$$

3. The non-animated competition would have to be weak

All three are satisfied this year.

Think not of separate but equal, think of echelons or hiearchies. In my mind, every production has a chance to make a film within any category that can become Best Picture.

The separate categories like animated feature and documentary are there to provide an Oscar to films that couldn't win Best Picture but are still worthy to receive such an award. This in no way means they should be relegated to that category.

I see what you're saying. So we both make good points. However, I think your use of the word "dilute" is a bit strong. You only get nominated if you're worthy of nomination. If you're worthy, you're probably going to be the only one of your genre placed in the list of candidates--one out of four, or five, or six.

It would be interesting to hear from the horse's mouth (those involved with the making of animated features and documentaries) whether they thought they ought to have a chance at Best Picture or should just be happy with their designated category.

at least it gets more oscars into more sweaty hands like Michael Moore's grin.gif

Michael Moore may not deserve any awards, but I'd much rather see a "cartoon" get an award for best picture than that fucking convicted rapist coward Polanski who can't return to this country without getting arrested. Fucking Celebrities are so hypoctical and fucking self righteous it makes me sick. Michael Moore gets booed offstage and a guy that raped a 13 year old gets a standing ovation. What's up with that?

Edited by bunglehead