Young Christian Girl Defends Faith

Dru

Tori "Monkey on My Back" Allen loves Baby Jesus story:

The Tao of Tori

Story_Tori Allen

My Mom always told me that there were two things you should never discuss among strangers-religion and politics. Both of these were sure to end in disagreement and unpleasantness. Well, I don’t always do what my Mom tells me. So, I am going public, I am going to talk about religion-more personally, my faith and what it means to my climbing.

I have read a lot about myself in recent years. Most of it is exaggerated or blatantly false. One thing that has been consistently left out of all interviews and articles, though, is my faith. It’s funny to me that the thing I try to emphasize is the thing most ignored. If you look at photos of me from the earliest days of my climbing until now you will always see that I am wearing a cross-a necklace, earrings or a charm on an armband I used to have. My faith defines me. The Tori you see is the real me living out my faith in my sport to the best of my ability.

"The rest of this article can be found in the Oct/Nov issue of..." the magazine of the website I cut and pasted this from. No it wasn't Solid Rock Teen Monthly.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at photos of me from the earliest days of my climbing until now you will always see that I am wearing a cross-a necklace, earrings or a charm on an armband I used to have. My faith defines me. The Tori you see is the real me living out my faith in my sport to the best of my ability.

So 1) faith is a fashion statement

2) living her faith in her sport? Does the love of Christ count as aid?

Is Tori going to undergo the crisis of faith that Katie Brown did?

Jesus is Santa Claus

Correction: Jesus and Santa fill pretty much the same void. Whether or not Jesus is real is not the point. I don't really think it makes a difference. The idea makes a lot of people feel warm and fuzzy, which I think was only intended for Santa. This, liike many product, is from user error.

Personally I don't give a rip what Tori Allen's faith is. Someone shouldn't express their faith through climbing or anything else. They should live it. If faith is so important to her, why doesn't she give up climbing to devote her life to it? It just goes to show that actions speak louder than words. If she truly was faithful, she would not be filling her life with persoanl gratification.

"She is a teenager standing up for what she believes in"

no

She is an immature young adult that stands up for what she has been taught (brain washed) to believe, until she questions here own existene, purpose, and mortality latter on in life. More likely than not, as I have found with most believers, they haven't even read the entire bible. Trust me, I went to seminary and know that shiz to be true after many many long, very long conversations with young christians of many denominations.

Big Differnece here DFA,

How can you know what you believe until you have read it? You, can know that you are a spiritual person without reading the bible, but can you be true christian without reading the bible? I think not. Maybe a christian in training.

Big Differnece here DFA,

How can you know what you believe until you have read it? You, can know that you are a spiritual person without reading the bible, but can you be true christian without reading the bible? I think not. Maybe a christian in training.

So what's the guarantee that if you read it, you'll be able to interpret it correctly? There's a lot of stuff in there that can't just be taken at face value.