FOX viewers mistakenly buy Al Franken book

j_b

"Completely dense" FOX viewers mistakenly buy new Al Franken book

U.S. District Judge Denny Chin admits he overestimated the intelligence of conservative book buyers.

New York--Preliminary sales figures and exit interviews at area book stores over the past week indicate that millions of FOX News viewers are too stupid to realize Al Franken's new book is mocking them.

The confusion is all the more troubling in the aftermath of FOX News Channel's lawsuit filed last week to stop the release of Franken's book. Lawyers for the FOX network predicted just such mass confusion in arguments to U.S. District Judge Denny Chin Friday.

"The use of the FOX news trademarked phrase on the cover is likely to cause confusion among consumers as to the origin and sponsorship of the book." FOX Attorney Dori Hanswirth said. "You have to remember that people who watch FOX and listen to AM talk radio aren't what you'd call 'critical thinkers.' They don't call themselves 'Dittoheads' for nothing

for complete piece: http://freepressed.com/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Franken has to be one of the biggest idiots on the political scene today. He tried to verbally attack Bill O'Riley at a book fair recently (shown on C-Span) and it was soon apparent that he had no real grasp of even the most basic issues facing our country today. The debate later steered to O'Riley and liberal Molly Ivans (sp?) and it was a joy to watch two people who really knew their shit go back and forth while Al Franken sat like a pissed off kid on the sidelines. (And by the way; I can't stand Bill O'Riley!)

I suspect Franken's book has a ghost writer.

"Lies and the Lying Liars..."

"Big Lies"

"Blinded by the Right"

"Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot"

... This seems to be all the left/liberals can come up with. Books/Titles that remind me of a kindergarten playground debate.

funny, i watched that c-span program and what i saw was franken rip o'reilly a new one. in particular, he confronts o'reilly about his lies concerning his getting peabody awards (in response o'reilly can only spout his trademark: shut up). for anyone who has any doubts here is the link to the show, it starts getting good at minute 27. no kidding it is worth it. http://www.booktv.org/feature/index.asp?segid=3630&schedID=196

This seems to be all the left/liberals can come up with. Books/Titles that remind me of a kindergarten playground debate

odd how conservatives can dish it out but can't take it. for years liberals have been the object of stupid jokes and insults by conservative talk show hosts and you guys thought it was funny. just watch, al franken won't stop dishing it out. you better get used to it. now you can read franken's book and you'll see that he discusses issues as well. and ... he is funny.

thatguy said:

It is funny that those that don't like Franken never argue the veracity of his (Team Franken) work. Notice how Coulter, O'Reilly, Hannity or Limbaugh do not contest the claims of lying made by Franken. Why is that?

Maybe because they feel no one takes Franken seriously and he isn't worth wasting the time of day talking about.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Stefan said:

I have never read one of Al Franken's books, but I have always thought of him as a comic. Maybe his books are written from a "comic's perspective."

then JB would NOT GET IT wink.gif

actually muffster

i think it is the other way around. look at jbs last post on this topic. i think he reconizes it.

the repub are the morons. they are the ones with their head stuck soooooo far up their ass that they cannot seperate reality from the board game RISK!

erik said:

Stefan said:

I have never read one of Al Franken's books, but I have always thought of him as a comic. Maybe his books are written from a "comic's perspective."

actually muffster

i think it is the other way around. look at jbs last post on this topic. i think he reconizes it.

the repub are the morons. they are the ones with their head stuck soooooo far up their ass that they cannot seperate reality from the board game RISK!

I think Erik wants to be my boyfriend today wink.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

erik said:

Stefan said:

actually muffster

I think Erik wants to be my boyfriend today wink.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

you're too old and you have kids.

Fairweather said:

... This seems to be all the left/liberals can come up with. Books/Titles that remind me of a kindergarten playground debate.

Try reading the books, rather than just looking at the title. At least these books from the "left" contain more than the mostly unsubstantiated allegations and random spew of a book like "Bias."