• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by salbrecher:
Possably Alouette or Needle Peak

Alouette is flat, dude.

Needle Peak - ? ? ? Look on bivouac.com. Doesnt look like that!!!

I meant what I said about no second guesses, either - cheater!

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Dru ]

NE face of Blanchard, to be precise. Previous ascent history unclear, looks like a nice winter line except for those upper slabs. Probably bushy in summer. Lots to explore north of Golden Ears; most of the Stave-Pitt divide is very underexplored. Relief and bushwacking quotient both very high although the rock can be clean in some places. According to Reinhard Fabische who did the FA of NE face Robie Reid, rock was surprisingly clean for the Coquitlam-Pitt. Take a look at the buttresses West of the Judge, off Tingle Creek: All yours if you can somehow magically transport yourself there. Either that or a boat ride and an incredible ED3 bushwack.

I still beat you Jordo. Hah! I win! What do I get for my troubles Drul? A free guided bushwack up something I (and no one else)have ever heard of? An oppurtunity to belay you on a mossy pitch of Culbert low-5th shi(s)t? Some of Canada's finest herbal remedies?

Keep the obscure peak photos coming, maybe I can dredge up some of my own.

Peace

quote:

Originally posted by dberdinka:
I still beat you Jordo. Hah! I win! What do I get for my troubles Drul? A free guided bushwack up something I (and no one else)have ever heard of? An oppurtunity to belay you on a mossy pitch of Culbert low-5th shi(s)t? Some of Canada's finest herbal remedies?

Keep the obscure peak photos coming, maybe I can dredge up some of my own.

Peace

Any or all of the above... off to fly around some nice peaks in a helicopter now.