Another reason for REI to suck

b-rock

REI Tualatin took down their climbing wall with their remodel, who cares. I asked if they were planning to put in a new one, just a couple of jugs and jibs so people planning on buying shoes, could, say try them out??? Nope. Instead I was told we could try them on and walk around the store to see how they fit?????? WTF?

confused.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

marylou said:

I think if REI treated their retail employess a little better, and perhaps offered them full-time employment with benefits, all of this would be moot.

Though of course that might drive up the retail PRICES a little bit... shocked.gif

rolleyes.gifyellowsleep.gif

its a retail job, those arent for real! and maybe they could get a retail workers union in there too! then the place would be the shittest place on earth!

marylou said:

I think if REI treated their retail employess a little better, and perhaps offered them full-time employment with benefits, all of this would be moot.

Though of course that might drive up the retail PRICES a little bit... shocked.gif

I think the problem runs far far deeper than that....

b-rock said:

marylou said:

I think the problem runs far far deeper than that....

like....?

nonanon said:

REI = GI Joes. rolleyes.gif

No! Joes at least has redeeming qualities.

REI=Ridiculously Expensive Incapable of helping Coop. , INC.

As a 30 year member, I have watched the long slow slide from a helpful coop to mediocrity to plain piss poor. thumbs_down.gif

Ducknut said:

nonanon said:

REI = GI Joes. rolleyes.gif

No! Joes at least has redeeming qualities.

REI=Ridiculously Expensive Incapable of helping Coop. , INC.

As a 30 year member, I have watched the long slow slide from a helpful coop to mediocrity to plain piss poor. thumbs_down.gif

I hear that. They actually used to have people that used the shit they sell working there. I had to buy some cord the other day, and the kid working the counter didn't even know how to cut it. He even had trouble turning on the hot knife. I mean now they've got fucking LUGGAGE for sale.

back in the day, a backpack was luggage.