My telescopic pole is stuck

JGowans

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JGowans said:

Three piece Scott poles. One of the sections is stuck like a mofo. WD-40 ain't loosening it. I'm pissed off. Any suggestions on how to pry that thing loose?

Here's what I did - throw that thing in the garbage (with violence) cause if you do get it unstuck, it will probably wait until you lean on it to catch your balance then collapse becasue the tensioner has been damaged.

Then go to store and get some BD Flick lock poles or just some ghetto ski poles.

In time, BD Flicklock poles will get stuck as well...if you neglect them as I do. If lower half is stuck, wedge basket between your feet and pull. If upper half is stuck, remove lower entirely, wedge handle between feet and pull on the aluminium end with vise-grip pliers. Poles generally last one season of solid climbing these days I find.

sverdina said:

In time, BD Flicklock poles will get stuck as well...if you neglect them as I do. If lower half is stuck, wedge basket between your feet and pull. If upper half is stuck, remove lower entirely, wedge handle between feet and pull on the aluminium end with vise-grip pliers. Poles generally last one season of solid climbing these days I find.

I agree totally. I have the Scott outback poles. It was the upper half that was stuck. I was using pliers but to no avail. Finally used the trusty left hand orientation instead. Voila! I'm greasing the pole up right now. Should be spick and span in no time and Bob will indeed be your uncle once more.

thelawgoddess said:

Bronco said:

throw that thing in the garbage (with violence)

that's such awesome advice! (i'm going to have to remember that when i'm fed up with my next boyfriend ...)

yelrotflmao.gif

I thought that WAS what you did w/ your last boyfriend!!!!

BAWAHAHAHAHA