NEWS FLASH!!

Necronomicon

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi dog. Nice post, and right on I might add. The anti-crowd will always be the same. If there was no war to protest, they'd find something else. That's what they're all about; dissension and civil disobedience. It's a sexual thing for them, much like Necro and his fetish for necrophilia.

To add fuel to the fire, I'm sick of hearing about how america is bent on greed and money and america wants this and america wants that. What the fuck ever. Every other country in this world is fucked up and hates every body else too. For the most part they are more hateful then some claim we are. The muslims claim we are anti-muslim and they are peaceful. Shut the fuck up. If we left that part of the world alone it would degrade into a shitspewing hellhole of violence much worse than what is there today.

I'm a peaceful person, much like most of the people in the world and the other anti-war folks. I, however am also a realist and realize that codling and trying to befriend everybody doesn't fucking work. Playing nice with shitheads and hoping they'll cooperate doesn't always work. Guys like Osama and Saddam and the rest of them will do what they will do no matter what our actions or motives are.

If it wasn't us, it would be somebody else. Some people are evil and that's the end of it. There come a time where you have to say "some people are going to get hurt, but in the long run more people will be better off" and that's how it works. If it didn't work that way, we'd just be an everybody for themselves anarchy.

I dream of the day where the entire world works in peace and everybody is prosporous, but WAKE UP people, that's a long way off. It's going to take more than political change, it's going to take socialogical and physiological change. We aren't a very evolved species in many regards, and until we become one, the only thing we can look out for is #1. As as a part of this society, I'm gonna have to get behind the guy who is going to protect me, plain and simple.

DISCLAIMER: Do I think that GWB is the guy to protect me? No, in this case I don't, but I'm speaking towards the need to use military solutions to horrible problems in the general sense. Being against bush is one thing but being a pascifist (sp?) in this world isn't the way to survive.

AlpineK said:

trask said:

People always ask me why I don't go to pub clubs. This is the reason why. I don't want to sit around with a bunch of anti-whatever fucking crybabies.

Whatever. You don't come to Pub Club cause your a pussy. wave.gif

hold up kurt

now trash is gonna come back and say some shit about drinking and driving. well after accessing the dmv records, it appears trask has never got a drivers license in his entire life. in his record, there is a letter from his mommy stating that driving is dangerous...and she doesnt want her wittle traskiekins to get hurt!!

JoshK said:

NEWS FLASH: I'm becoming a hermit. rolleyes.gif

yeah, what is it about this thing that makes me want to go curl up in a hole far, far away from the rest of humanity? I think g.w. did a good job sneaking into it...I mean obviously he's been talking about it for a long time, but that 48 hour ultimatum came out of nowhere as far as I could see, and then bang.

I've really appreciated reading everyone's views on here, because I can't seem to think about this for extended periods of time and come to a solid conclusion on my feelings about it. I would much rather stand here and look out the window at the absolutely gorgeous olympics than introspect about this, so thanks for your insights guys.

Maybe it would have come to war anyway down the road, but here's a few reasons why this rush to it bugs me:

1) Saddam was our buddy for a long time. We armed him, we turned a blind eye when he gassed the Iranians and the Kurds, but now bring this up to show what a bad guy he is.

2) Daddy Bush made a consious decision in the Gulf War I to keep Saddamn in power and slaughter the Kurds. Can't have too much democracy ya know.

3) The war is a big push from holdovers from the Daddy Bush administration. Rumsfield, Pearle (now at the Heritage Foundation but a player), Wolfietz, and others. They've been grinding they're teeth that Saddam got away the first time.

4) Bush jr is an idiot. He doesn't have the mental capacity to hold his own against the hawks. He's a lightweight and is blowing in the breeze.

5) I'd feel better if there were sincere efforts made to reduce our dependcy on foreign oil. Instead Bush and Co. go after ANWR (total 2% of imported oil for 10 yrs and that's it) and will not make a move to increase fuel economy standards.

6) Using the war as cover for dismantling what should be bipartisan funding and loading up tax breaks for the rich.

7) Busting the budget and driving the economy into the toilet.

8) Lying to try and drum up war support. No Al Queda link, no meeting with Iraq and Al Queda, no nuke program.

specialed said:

Don't confuse support of the war with support of Bush

Exactly! I have a bunch of things on my door, while not anit-Bush stuff, they do poke fun at him, like the Apple "Think Deferentably" picture.

I had a girl at work approach me thinking I was anti-war along with the vocal minority at the UW. I told her I though Bush was an idiot but that I was for the war. Unfortunately she started arguing with me, and like everyone else I have argued with, she was very sadly uneducated about the issue and had listened to too much anti-war rhetoric. She was talking about sanctions and oil and all sorts of garbage that wasn't true. Like most, including that poor human shield idiot I saw on TV in Bahgdad, she didn't know the history of Saddam and his Baath party, how he came into power, what he did on his first day as president that he showed on national TV, why he attacked Iran, the Kurds, and finally Kuwait.

Listen I don't care if you are against the war, in fact it would say a lot about our society if we all were for it, but seriously make sure you COMPLETELY understand the issues at hand, the history behind it, and know the fact from fiction.

Shit. I guess I'm a fucker then. I hear a lot of anti war talk, but I don't hear any viable alternate solutions. If you have a genuine idea, I'll hash it out with you sans name calling. I think I've shown that in the past. But if you are just flat out complaining. Then hell ya, I'll call you a whiner. Come on DFA, you may disagree with me, but you can tell the difference between intelligent discussion and bitching. moon.gif

Actually Trask, I consider myself pretty right wing (I like guns and things that go boom) compared with the others on this site and I haven't met anyone I didn't like at a Pub Club (except for one person and she knows who she is). None of this shit comes up in person .. it's all about drinking beer and climbing mountains at Pub Club. You should come through to the Seattle PC next week.

jon said:Those are the same assholes that flew airplanes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people.

Sorry, no link between Iraq and Al Quaida, or Afghanistan for that matter. The terrorist connection that is touted is that because he might have weapons, Saddam Hussein might sometime in the future give them to terrorists. He hasn't yet. Its kind of akin to castrating all males, because after all, we're all armed and its possible we might rape sometime. Saddam Hussein is a torturer, murderer, tyrant, and all around black hat. He is not however a terrorist.

I may be misinterpreting Tomcat's remarks, but I think he said that those who have served in the military have more right to comment on the horrors of war than those who have not. I say that is bullshit. If you have served in combat, you know first hand what it is like in a way that I can not. But that does not give you any greater right to comment on whether this or any other war is a good idea.

Remember, nobody here is arguing that Iraq is not in violation. I don't think anybody here is rooting for Saddam. The question at hand is not whether we support the troops, but whether this invasion is a good idea at this juncture.

I don't buy the argument that nobody should criticize the war until it is over. As citizens of a free country with a relatively free media and with democratically elected leaders we have a civic duty to think and talk about what our leaders are doing in our names. If we believe the government is not acting morally, and if we believe that we might even in some small way be able to influence events by expressing that belief, we have a moral duty to display our objection to what is being done in our names.

Off_White said:

jon said:Those are the same assholes that flew airplanes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people.

Sorry, no link between Iraq and Al Quaida, or Afghanistan for that matter. The terrorist connection that is touted is that because he might have weapons, Saddam Hussein might sometime in the future give them to terrorists. He hasn't yet. Its kind of akin to castrating all males, because after all, we're all armed and its possible we might rape sometime. Saddam Hussein is a torturer, murderer, tyrant, and all around black hat. He is not however a terrorist.

The picture is from Afghanistan, sorry for the confusion. It was probably taken by an Air Force FAC (Forward Air Controller) with a special ops group. The FAC guys are actually pretty badass, the guys who go along with the Seals have to go through the Seal training and pass it, along with all the other schools they have to go to for targeting and coordinating attacks.