NEWS FLASH!!

Necronomicon

chucK said:

confused.gif

Now who's spouting stuff to make themself look smart? yellaf.gif

...That was a play on someone elses earlier latin quote...but since you said something I think it is an applicable phrase in regards to the presense of the united states in the affairs of other countries as well as the democratic god complex which assumes that all countries need democracy to subsist.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RobBob, I share your support of and respect for our troops. I do not agree, however, if you think that it shows a lack of support or respect for out troops to criticize the policies of our President, who I believe did not have to and should not have led us to this point. Aside from a few misguided and generally young idealists, I don't see many Americans burning flags or spitting on soldiers -- but I see a lot of Americans who are hoping and praying that our national leaders can be driven to choose a new path away from the stated policy of world domination.

We are all hoping that this invasion can end in success and that it can end with a minimum of death and destruction.

mattp,

You and I may share the same feeling about where we are. I just strongly disagree with your statement that a lot of Americans are going to die, on the battlefield and/or here. I think that Necro et al sound like a bunch of wimps, and when our country is in a fight, we don't need people in the homeland sounding like candyasses. There are probably 10-years-olds in Pakistan reading Necro's post and laughing about the pansies in the PNW.

Even if we don't agree with our leadership about what's going on, it's time to keep a stiff upper lip until things are over.

A whole lot more people may die (including yourself and your family) if this war isn't fought. Death, as the honorable Trask pointed out, is an inevitable part of war and the society in which we find ourselves today.

This discussion about war is as pointless as the peace protests going on right now ... by discussing all this, the war isn't going to stop, and therefore you're arguing a moot point whether you recognize this fact or not. Also by protesting, you are working to tarnish the image of your own country -- which makes you no better than France, Russia, Germany, and all the rest of the backstabbers who have tried to avoid their responsibilities. Instead of engaging in idle chit chat and annoying, pointless protests about what could have been .. stand up and actually do something to help your country! If you don't want to help your country (which it sounds like to me), put your money where your mouth is and help the people of Iraq by getting rid of the very government which has been suppressing and torturing them for many years. The war is on -- support your troops, and quit crying. Either that or move to Iraq where your support for their people, I'm sure, will be welcome with open arms by Saddam and his regime.

How's that for a news flash?

RobBob said:

mattp,

You and I may share the same feeling about where we are. I just strongly disagree with your statement that a lot of Americans are going to die, on the battlefield and/or here. I think that Necro et al sound like a bunch of wimps, and when our country is in a fight, we don't need people in the homeland sounding like candyasses. There are probably 10-years-olds in Pakistan reading Necro's post and laughing about the pansies in the PNW.

Even if we don't agree with our leadership about what's going on, it's time to keep a stiff upper lip until things are over.

You're a fucking idiot, too. IDIOT. "Keep a stiff upper lip". You spout the drivel they feed you, nice and passive like, while all this is done in your name.

We should all be hanging our heads in shame, because we have no peace now. It's war, and war is hell.

tomcat said:

A whole lot more people may die (including yourself and your family) if this war isn't fought. Death, as the honorable Trask pointed out, is an inevitable part of war and the society in which we find ourselves today.

This discussion about war is as pointless as the peace protests going on right now ... by discussing all this, the war isn't going to stop, and therefore you're arguing a moot point whether you recognize this fact or not. Also by protesting, you are working to tarnish the image of your own country -- which makes you no better than France, Russia, Germany, and all the rest of the backstabbers who have tried to avoid their responsibilities. Instead of engaging in idle chit chat and annoying, pointless protests about what could have been .. stand up and actually do something to help your country! If you don't want to help your country (which it sounds like to me), put your money where your mouth is and help the people of Iraq by getting rid of the very government which has been suppressing and torturing them for many years. The war is on -- support your troops, and quit crying. Either that or move to Iraq where your support for their people, I'm sure, will be welcome with open arms by Saddam and his regime.

YOU STUPID FUCK!!! Let's kill 100,000 people becuase Saddam kills 100 a year? No, I'm sorry, it's because he "might" harm us in the future. No, wait, this war is about peace. Please, go over there and throw yourself at the Republican Guard. Please.

"A whole lot more people may die (including yourself and your family) if this war isn't fought. Death, as the honorable Trask pointed out, is an inevitable part of war and the society in which we find ourselves today.

How's that for a news flash?"

You wanna know who's tarnishing the image of this country? It's our president and his cronies. They are the ones perpetrating this bullshit war and making America look like a bunch of ignorant savages who can't solve a problem without violence.

If you think we're doing the right thing raining death on Baghdad, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and help support our government by going to Iraq and pulling triggers for Uncle Sam? Surely your willingness to unquestioningly follow orders and blindly support whatever cause is dangled in front of your nose will be welcomed with open arms by Bush and his regime.

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to

live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is

why I would not live forever," --Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest.

``````````````````````````````````

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids

all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like

that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff." --Mariah Carey

````````````

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your

life," --Brooke Shields, during an interview to become Spokesperson for federal

anti-smoking campaign.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body," --Winston

Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.

`````````````````````````````````````````````

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in

the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.

`````````````````````````````

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the

president." --Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm

just the one to do it," --A congressional candidate in Texas.

````````````````````````````

"I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them.

There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were

selfishly trying to keep it for themselves." --John Wayne

```````````

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." --Philadelphia Phillies manager,

Danny Ozark

``````````````````````````````````

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in

our air and water that are doing it." --Al Gore, Vice President

```````````````````

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." --Dan Quayle

``````````

" It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or

another" --George Bush, US President

``````````````````````

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?" --Lee

Iacocca

```````````

"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the

truth. I assisted in furthering that version." --Colonel Oliver North, from his

Iran-Contra testimony.

`````````````````````````````````````````

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like

Norman Einstein." --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

````````````````````````````````````````````

"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of

people." --Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.

`````````````````````````````````

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --Bill Clinton, President

``````````````````

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP

``````````

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas." --Keppel

Enderbery

```````````````

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received

notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a

change in your circumstances." --Department of Social Services, Greenville,

South Carolina

````````````````````````````````````````````

"If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they

go to bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night. And the

next morning, when they wake up dead, there'll be a record." --Mark S. Fowler,

FCC Chairman

Necronomicon said:

tomcat said:

YOU STUPID FUCK!!! Let's kill 100,000 people becuase Saddam kills 100 a year? No, I'm sorry, it's because he "might" harm us in the future. No, wait, this war is about peace. Please, go over there and throw yourself at the Republican Guard. Please.

Hey chief, nobody has killed 100,000 people. If this war has that many casualties, it will be because of Saddam Hussein, not the US. You sound a little mentally unstable, saying FUCK OFF etc, calling people names because they take a hard-line stance on the war ... that's the problem with a lot of you peace types .. you can't get your point accross without crying or causing a big scene.

But at any rate, your point is still moot and you are still protesting a war that is already in progress. I just wanted to point that out to you.

Peace and love.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

"A whole lot more people may die (including yourself and your family) if this war isn't fought. Death, as the honorable Trask pointed out, is an inevitable part of war and the society in which we find ourselves today.

How's that for a news flash?"

You wanna know who's tarnishing the image of this country? It's our president and his cronies. They are the ones perpetrating this bullshit war and making America look like a bunch of ignorant savages who can't solve a problem without violence.

If you think we're doing the right thing raining death on Baghdad, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and help support our government by going to Iraq and pulling triggers for Uncle Sam? Surely your willingness to unquestioningly follow orders and blindly support whatever cause is dangled in front of your nose will be welcomed with open arms by Bush and his regime.

Ahh, that's because of the extreme wave of ignorance that has penetrated this [once] great nation. We have millions of uneducated people out there who have no idea what the implications are from this conflict. You may very well be one of them (I don't know you, so I can't make this judgment here at cc.com).

And I've already pulled triggers for the US. I served my country .. have you?

And look what France's peaceful stance is getting them!

France: Ricin Traces Found in Paris Railway

Thu March 20, 2003 04:25 PM ET

PARIS (Reuters) - The French Interior Ministry said on Thursday that traces of the deadly toxin ricin have been found in the Gare de Lyon railway station in Paris.

A spokesman told Reuters that two small flasks containing traces of the poison were discovered in a left luggage depot at the mainline railway station which serves the south of France.

In January, British anti-terrorist police arrested several people in connection with the alleged discovery of ricin in a tiny north London flat.

Ricin, one of the deadliest naturally occurring poisons, is derived from castor plant beans, which are grown worldwide to produce castor oil.

The chemical, which is many times more deadly than cyanide, is considered a likely bio-warfare agent and is on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's "B" list of agents -- considered a moderate threat.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=3SOBNECOV3BSYCRBAE0CFFA?type=worldNews&storyID=2418939

I think it should be a law that every person should serve in the military at some point. I used to disagree with this stance, but now I agree. We have millions of American's taking for granted what a wonderful place we live in, and what wonderful freedoms we have. Well I've got news for you, FREEDOM ISN'T FREE. We wouldn't have these freedoms if it weren't for the battles fought, and the people that died as a result. You're living in a utopian world, living a utopian dream that could not possibly be manifested in reality. How's that for a wake up call?