Did anyone climb last weekend?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bushwacking orienteering on saturday.

skinned up hood on sunday and then laps on ze palmer. which is bloody excellent right now by the way. fresh snow everywhere. thumbs_up.gif not very interesting as far as steeps go but very relaxing and beautiful cruising

damn. I wanted to go to vantage but could not convince my friend to do the drive. he wanted to go to leavenworth, which I suspected would be wet.

I ended up going to REI and getting a new, painfully fucking tight pair of moccasyms with my bountiful dividend. I am such a hipocrite - I hate REI and yet I still manage to blow huge chunks of cash there. Bastards!!

Winter said:

Hey we were there on Sunday. Where were you guys?

Mostly kicking it around the main areas, warmed up on a couple of sport routes that turned out too hard for my partner so we moved onto some easy cracks since that pushed my skills a bit, did Easy Reader, the one by Bunny Face, and Lions Jaw.

Where were you climbing?

Edited by b-rock

We warmed up on those slabby routes on the right side of Picnic Lunch Wall ... fun routes with a short little boulder problem off the ground. Then we went over to the Phoenix area. I watched a friend take five falls on Phoenix right at the crux ... she just got over her fear of falling, and I thrashed on Fred on Air. Then we finished up on the Testament Slab. It was a great day dodging some intermittent rain.

Climbed up around Dog Tooth Rock... did what I could since every thing was partly covered in snow... fucked up though... I meant to climb on Phantom bridge, but didn't expect the snow to be that low, and then forgot my snowshoes... the tredge up the snowy road in knee deep snow was the worst part...

thumbs_down.gif

COL._Von_Spanker said:

How was your lead D? Did you make your partner clean it?

I went up the first pitch of Skin Graph. 12' below the anchor, 2 rivets are missing. There appeared to be a lead sheath left in the last hole. I don't think it was bat-hookable (I didn't try due to testicular shrinkage). Can anyone prove me wrong?

Left a mess of webbing. Might replace the missing rivets in the near future.

dalius said:I looked in the guidebook, but see no mention of Skin Graph. Where is it, what's it rated?

It's just around the corner and uphill from Thin Fingers. Guidebook calls it Unknown A2/A3 **. Guidebook supplement calls it Skin Graph. Not the most inspring line I've ever seen but it stays dry in the wet.

climbed at smith too...popping my smith-cherry. still think l-worth is better but smith is a hell of a lot closer...fun time taking me wife's shitty mitsubishi through the passes...weather wasn't too bad but we decided to leave all our warm stuff in the packs at the bottom of monkey face and i got soaked as me partner inched up the bolt ladder on the pioneer route...kept looking out at the sunbreaks far to the west and cursing the wind for not getting the sun here faster mad.gif

all in all, not a bad place...can't imagine the crowds get any smaller come summer