Bummin' my trip

chucK

I know it's mostly me, but the pedophile joke in the "you've got to be joking" thread has seriously bummed me out.

I marveled momentarily at the shock value, then was only able to focus on the thought of a child (symbol of an innocent) being led to his death, perhaps tortured first. Depressing.

I challenge you pedophile-joke tellers to picture a loved child in your joke. I doubt you have kids, but perhaps a nephew or niece you spent some time with, maybe your sister or brother at a small age, any smiling kid on the street.

All you who laughed at the suggestion that The Lawgoddess was tied up in some basement, see how funny that is when you put your wife, your sister, or your mom in that picture.

Ha Ha.

Horror movies, thrillers, sensationalist newsstories are supposed to make you feel like shit or scared.

A joke is supposed to make you feel good, right?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

often times funny stories and fables about the trickster were used to make people think. To help us learn difficult lessons. To challenge us to look with in. So NO jokes are not all ment to make us "feel good"

I don't like the pediphile joke much either.

And I know Greg well enough to know that he is verry much joking, and didn't say that to hurt anyone feelings.

Ah, but as we know from countless other cc.com joke flubs, it doesn't matter if your intentions are good or if you meant it or not anything else. What matters is that you posted it, you're a heartless, insensitive fuckup, and you're gonna get crucified for it, because this is the internet and that's how it works. That's what matters. Has anyone seen the 16-penny nails?

I was really bummed to see the "What Would Jesus Climb?" thread get douched.

Fucking hilarious:

Q: What's the best part about (unmentionable) with an (innappropriate joke subject)?

A: When (unmentionable).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even better:

Q: What's the worst part about (unmentionable)?

A: When (inappropriate).

TOO FUNNY!!! I'M DYIN'!!!!

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Ah, but as we know from countless other cc.com joke flubs, it doesn't matter if your intentions are good or if you meant it or not anything else. What matters is that you posted it, you're a heartless, insensitive fuckup, and you're gonna get crucified for it, because this is the internet and that's how it works. That's what matters. Has anyone seen the 16-penny nails?

I fully agree with chucK. Nothing funny about it. My vision of the kid was my 4 year old son.

I challenge any of you who can't see chucK's point to stand up on a crowded bus and tell that joke for all riders to hear.

I doubt any of you have the guts to do it.

You're pretty much doing just that when you post such shit on a site like this.

ScottP said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

I fully agree with chucK. Nothing funny about it. My vision of the kid was my 4 year old son.

I challenge any of you who can't see chucK's point to stand up on a crowded bus and tell that joke for all riders to hear.

I doubt any of you have the guts to do it.

You're pretty much doing just that when you post such shit on a site like this.

I'm w/ scottp and chuck on this...leave kids outta it...Just try explaining that one if it got overheard...and its not even funny to start w/...sick whack-shit...no humor at all, and no fricken' morale behind it either...other than sickos oughta get life sentences...

Sorry about the pedophile joke. I had totally forgotten that the Joke Police were patrolling today. My bad. Let's see if I can remember the rules (for future consideration, of course):

1. jokes about penguins eating cum are O.K.

2. jokes about woman being treated as slaves are not only OK but encouraged

3. Jokes about ass sex, urinating in one's anus, and the like are similiarly encouraged

4. Links to games involving one hunting and killing homosexuals with a shotgun is OK

5. Whole threads espousing the glory of hate is defenitly OK

6. However, any references to pedophilia, regardless of how satirical or jestfull they are intended, are definetly NOT NOT allowed.

Good. I'm glad we have established these bright line rules. I feel much safer now that I know the joke police are out there protecting the sensitive feelings of those like Chuck. The last thing I would ever want to do would be to make the lad feel uncomfortable. Cheers! bigdrink.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

And I know Greg well enough to know that he is verry much joking, and didn't say that to hurt anyone feelings.

specialed said:

Sorry about the pedophile joke. I had totally forgotten that the Joke Police were patrolling today. My bad. Let's see if I can remember the rules (for future consideration, of course):

3. Jokes about ass sex, urinating in one's anus, and the like are similiarly encouraged

4. Links to games involving one hunting and killing homosexuals with a shotgun is OK

6. However, any references to pedophilia, regardless of how satirical or jestfull they are intended, are definetly NOT NOT allowed.

Good. I'm glad we have established these bright line rules. I feel much safer now that I know the joke police are out there protecting the sensitive feelings of those like Chuck. The last thing I would ever want to do would be to make the lad feel uncomfortable. Cheers! bigdrink.gif

So Muffy, just how well do you know "Greg"? He doesn't seem much interested in avoiding the hurt.

You, Mr. Ed, have some reality vs fantasy issues.

"pedophile joke"

Could there be a more perfect oxymoron?

specialed said:

I'd have to say that all of the above are borderline shitty...but kids? Do you even see the humor in it? WTF is the matter with you if you do?? You have kids? You think its funny? If you do, FUCK YOU...

The other issue is most of the "victims" on your list have at least a fighting chance of defending themselves...kids don't, they are dependent on adults entirely...

Edited by RuMR

RuMR said:

I'd have to say that all of the above are borderline shitty...but kids? Do you even see the humor in it? WTF is the matter with you if you do?? You have kids? You think its funny? If you do, FUCK YOU...

The other issue is most of the "victims" on your list have at least a fighting chance of defending themselves...kids don't, they are dependent on adults entirely...

I think Ed's problem is that he has neither the courage or maturity to admit that that joke is just plain wrong.

He therefore tries to hide behind twisted logic and that tired "Internet Police" retort.

I have received a pm from Marg Schott, who wants to register her outrage at the joke subject matter on cc.com.

Also, officials representing the Lezbulldagga community want us to know that they are offended by the content and language of this website.

RobBob said:

I have received a pm from Marg Schott, who wants to register her outrage at the joke subject matter on cc.com.

Also, officials representing the Lezbulldagga community want us to know that they are offended by the content and language of this website.

It's true, the fucking subject matter on this piece of shit website is totally ass-fucked! It would offend the fuck out of a fucking sailor, for fuck's sake! Fuckin' clean up the offensive bullshit and lay off the insensitive humor or get the fuck out, you shitbricks!

madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

RobBob said:

It's true, the fucking subject matter on this piece of shit website is totally ass-fucked! It would offend the fuck out of a fucking sailor, for fuck's sake! Fuckin' clean up the offensive bullshit and lay off the insensitive humor or get the fuck out, you shitbricks!

madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Dr. Flash,

My post on this discussion board:

1) communicated how the joke made me feel,

2) challenged others to think about the joke from an alternative viewpoint,

3) critiqued the posted material in terms of joke value.

Your depiction of my comments as a crucifixion are ludicrous.

SpecialEd,

Let me assure you, I've got nothing against you for telling that joke. Back before I had kids, I myself might have passed that one on. If you feel personally slighted by my comments, I'm sorry about that. I'm just letting you and others know about something that I intensely dislike.

Your comment that I am sensitive is right on. Obviously. That is why I posted this thread in the first place. If that joke was told to me in person, I'd either walk away, or I'd tell the person what I thought of it, depending on what it was worth to me to stay. With regards to this particular situation, I like cc.com, and you seem cool, so I chose the latter.

Finally, I can't really comment directly on your your beef with the "joke police", as I don't have the power to delete posts, other than the fact that justifying something bad by pointing out other bad things is a poor argument.

I have no special pull with the editing moderator other than he probably reads many of my posts. The fact that the joke got deleted likely reflects that he didn't think too much of it either. With this comment I'm not trying to distance myself from the joke censoring. I would have done the same thing in a heartbeat had my name been attached to running this website.

FDA said: It's true, the fucking subject matter on this piece of shit website is totally ass-fucked! It would offend the fuck out of a fucking sailor, for fuck's sake! Fuckin' clean up the offensive bullshit and lay off the insensitive humor or get the fuck out, you shitbricks

eat balls asseyes the_finger.gif

chucK said:

Dr. Flash,

My post on this discussion board:

1) communicated how the joke made me feel,

2) challenged others to think about the joke from an alternative viewpoint,

3) critiqued the posted material in terms of joke value.

Your depiction of my comments as a crucifixion are ludicrous.

The depiction of your comments as a crucifixion were meant to be ludicrous, as it was a joke.

This making of jokes on the internet is difficult, man! It's serious business!

chucK would you have felt any different if instead of "a middle aged etc." specialEd had written "a wicked witch?" cause everyone knows that wicked, child eating witches do not exist right rolleyes.gif so it wouldf have been more obviously, a joke situation, and not a potential threat to your child, you had to deal with.

FWIW when I read it I thought "specialEd gonna get himself banned just like Polish Bob"

So, this harp seal jumps onto a barstool. The bartender asks "what'll you have?" The seal says "Anything except Canadian Club."

So this guy is doing tricks with his alligator up on the bar for free drinks, and puts his pecker in its mouth, slaps the alligator on the snout, and shouts to the crowd "anybody here wanna try this?!"...and a guy in the back yells "yeah, if you promise not to smack my nose like that!"

Dru said:

chucK would you have felt any different if instead of "a middle aged etc." specialEd had written "a wicked witch?" cause everyone knows that wicked, child eating witches do not exist right rolleyes.gif so it wouldf have been more obviously, a joke situation, and not a potential threat to your child, you had to deal with.

FWIW when I read it I thought "specialEd gonna get himself banned just like Polish Bob"

You are right...i would have felt different w/ those substitutions...that is a fairytale, child kidnappings are real as is molestation and murder...its not funny to anyone who is a parent.

I can't even let my kid outside w/o me being present, i'm so freaked...and it seemed like it was making the news once a week for a while this summer and that was the REPORTED shiznet...I swear i'd flip if he told that to me in my presence; having said that, I think he probably just doesn't realize what a nerve he stepped on...