Bummin' my trip

chucK

Dr_Flash_Amazing "joked":

Ah, but as we know from countless other cc.com joke flubs, it doesn't matter if your intentions are good or if you meant it or not anything else. What matters is that you posted it, you're a heartless, insensitive fuckup, and you're gonna get crucified for it, because this is the internet and that's how it works. That's what matters. Has anyone seen the 16-penny nails?

Well, for the sake of argument, let's pretend you were trying to make a point instead of just "joking". rolleyes.gif

If that were the case, I would think you were off base in your characterization of my post. It did matter about SpecialE's intentions. My guess is that he was just trying to tell a joke that was entertaining to him. Since that was the case, I chose to focus my comments on the joke, not the teller. I tried to explain why I didn't like it.

On the other hand, if I thought a poster was just telling that joke in order to push "sensitive" people's buttons like, for example, Necro seems to like to do, then my response would've been different.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic