Dogging at Smith

Dr_Flash_Amazing

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catbirdseat said:

Here's a new way for dirtbag climbers to make a few bucks - as dog sitters at Smith grin.gif.

That would be fun. Go get a free pooch at the homeless dog shelter, the ornier the better. Bring it out to Smith, pay some dirtbag sporto hangin' at Morning Glory pitty.gif 3$ and a beer to "sit" it for you. Then climb Zebra Zion walk out the Misery Ridge trail and never come back. yelrotflmao.gif

rbw1966 said:

Anyone know the actual ORS or administrative rule which regulates this?

Its a bummer but I can appreciate why they instituted this policy.

They've had signs up for days about leashing your dogs, and most people do. It doesn't take too many dogs running around, jumping on belayers, and shitting on trails to stir up complaints, however.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

They've had signs up for days about leashing your dogs, and most people do. It doesn't take too many dogs running around, jumping on belayers, and shitting on trails to stir up complaints, however.

Those signs have been there for years. A friend got ticketed (70 clams) for not having his dog on a leash at least two years ago.

peeps be getting very anal down here in central oregon about dogs. for years it was a real dog town, but then bastards moved down from seattle and messed it all up... ohh, wait, errr uhhh

anyhow, if your dog is caught off leash in bend proper you get $160 dog at large ticket or some madness like that.

i now drive out to BFE BLM land to let the dogs roam and harvest human feces.

I never take my dogs to smiffy, tho a great place to take them is right behind smith, grey butte, access via the skull hollow/grasslands road. wave.gif

Every time I'm at Smith all I see is dogs, dogs, dogs. What's going on? If you want to be a hard core sport climber do you need to own a dog?

What do people see in dogs? They are fun to play with, but they are a pain in the ass to own.

Speaking as a tree guy, I fucking hate dogs. I work for people who think it's no big deal for me to drag brush through a backyard caked in fucking dog shit.

Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs! Fuck dogs!

madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Once when I was young we were playing tag in a friend's yard and I was running and did a big leap-and-slide to avoid getting tagged and then I realized I had slid straight across a big pile of poo and then I freaked out and ran home screaming and crying with a shit-stain all the way up my leg.

hellno3d.gif

Life is good.