ScottP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ScottP said:

This video clip might have been linked here before, but it seems like a good example of why we shouldn't be too complacent with what we do, or trust our gear implicitly.

Very graphic.

Video Clip

Scott, you're such a tool. Why the FUCK would you possibly think anyone here would want to see that? I really don't understand you man. I think you're really fucked up and sick.

trask said:

ScottP said:

This video clip might have been linked here before, but it seems like a good example of why we shouldn't be too complacent with what we do, or trust our gear implicitly.

Very graphic.

Video Clip

Scott, you're such a tool. Why the FUCK would you possibly think anyone here would want to see that? I really don't understand you man. I think you're really fucked up and sick.

Thanks for the review, Trask. DFA will leave that one unviewed. wave.gif

ScottP said:

I think you're really fucked up and sick.

Coming from you Trask, that could only be a compliment.

It was meant as a reality check.

I'm sorry if your sensitive tummy had problems with it.

everyone knows they can buy the farm in an auto wreck too. but do we need to see an accident to be reminded?

gregm said:

from what i heard from the person who sent me that link a while back they actually survived with serious injuries. it took place in italy or someplace like that, and they were practicing rescue techniques when their anchor failed.

The subtitle says the France-Spain border, doesn't it?

And it looks like a heli rescue to me???

Just a good reminder to avoid rescue at all costs!

I was told a story, don't know the veracity of it, about another heli job gone bad. Aparrently helis lose some of their lift when they go from land to water. THe pilot forgot this, and lost the bird with him rescue crew, injured patient, and partner. frown.gif

It was a broken arm 5 miles from the road. crazy.gif

everyone knows they can buy the farm in an auto wreack too. but do we need to see an accident to be reminded?

If you watch much local news, you see the results of them all the time.

It's a matter of context I guess.

I have observed something regarding my students and use of laboratory burners. I 've noticed that when I have shown them the result of hot metal or glass touching something flammable (I use paper), the incidence of minor burns has lessened.

Again, my intention wasn't to sicken or sensationalize, but to merely provide a context for the result of not being extra careful and redundant when doing this very dangerous thing we do. If I offended anyone, including you, I am sorry.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

DMAN IT

I should have read the whole thred before I hit play mad.giffrown.gifcry.gif

next time can we rate things... like "hey sk you want to watch this" or perhaps "hey sk don't watch this"

I thought perhaps phrases like "Painful Viewing" and "Very Graphic" would have done the job.

ScottP said:

everyone knows they can buy the farm in an auto wreack too. but do we need to see an accident to be reminded?

If you watch much local news, you see the results of them all the time.

It's a matter of context I guess.

I have observed something regarding my students and use of laboratory burners. I 've noticed that when I have shown them the result of hot metal or glass touching something flammable (I use paper), the incidence of minor burns has lessened.

Again, my intention wasn't to sicken or sensationalize, but to merely provide a context for the result of not being extra careful and redundant when doing this very dangerous thing we do. If I offended anyone, including you, I am sorry.

Well, since you put it that way, I forgive you. wave.gif

uhhh...disturbing confused.gif

I wonder if Real Video would show that on TV...

Reminds me of the rescue accident that happened in the Valley this summer, they day before we arrived. The helo raked the litter thour some pine trees with a rescuer and victim in it. The victim did not make it...very sad.