Pub Crawl

icegirl

Pub crawl... this sounds like a good challenge, not for the meek of heart, for the few, the proud, the climbers of cc.com... Should be done on a different night than PC, with a smaller group, travelling inconito, without jagged edge down coats, full shank boots, etc...

we will rate the pubs for:

Cost of beer

Pitchers available (yes/no)

Cost of food

how late the kitchen stays open

Space available (pictures hopefully)

layout

happy hour?

number of bathrooms

smokeyness

tree hugger, tofu, and yuppie factor

meat market factor

other things... anyone... ideas... volunteers... bigdrink.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do we still have the "calender" available or did that go away in the upgrade?

If so, we can put some meeting places up a week or so in advance, no strong-arm-ing, and such, just show up if you have nothing better to do. The person who schedules it should of course show, and write a review.

This is not just a reason to drink large quantities, it is a research project. It can even be something like meeting up after climbing. We don't care, we are just looking for info, so that there is not a repeat of the Pig and Whistle... bigdrink.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gif

you could almost take this to another level and add another forum... we all eat and drink and sleep... we all take trips and stay weird and fun places... how about a food beer and lodging fourum. When we went to levenworth last year we got great ideas from everyone as far as places to stay and eat... it made our family vacation all that much better smile.gif

I suggest we identify some "routes." Here's a few:

- The Ave: Starts at the Knarr Tavern, go South, extra points for making it to the College Inn

- Wallingford: Starts at Al's, go West, double points for a stop at the Moon Temple

- Wedgewood: Starts at the Wedgewood Broiler - gold star for avoiding the Fiddler's Inn (Fuck Bob and the Bedlington Corporation!)

- Fremont: Starts at the El Camino - go counter clockwise, extra points for variations up Fremont Ave, Fremont Pl N, and North 36th.

- Herpese Triangle: Start at the Blue Water, traverse Left, extra points for making it all the way to China Harbor

- Ballard: Starts at Connor Byrnes - go North, extra points for making it to the Sunset.

- Wallinglake: Start at the Luau, proceed West, finish at the soon to open new Elysian place (yet to be named, but I call it Wasabear)

Toast said:

I suggest we identify some "routes." Here's a few:

- The Ave: Starts at the Knarr Tavern, go South, extra points for making it to the College Inn

- Wallingford: Starts at Al's, go West, double points for a stop at the Moon Temple

- Wedgewood: Starts at the Wedgewood Broiler - gold star for avoiding the Fiddler's Inn (Fuck Bob and the Bedlington Corporation!)

- Fremont: Starts at the El Camino - go counter clockwise, extra points for variations up Fremont Ave, Fremont Pl N, and North 36th.

- Herpese Triangle: Start at the Blue Water, traverse Left, extra points for making it all the way to China Harbor

- Ballard: Starts at Connor Byrnes - go North, extra points for making it to the Sunset.

- Wallinglake: Start at the Luau, proceed West, finish at the soon to open new Elysian place (yet to be named, but I call it Wasabear)

I vote for starting the pub crawl with the Ballard or U district. At least one drink from each establishment. bigdrink.gif

Toast said:

I vote for starting the pub crawl with the Ballard or U district. At least one drink from each establishment. bigdrink.gif

You, me and the rest of the skinny folks'll be walkin' a bit funny by the end.

SPECIALED IS SKINNEY THO I THINK HE HAS LIKE AN .11D A4 LIVER!

Toast said:

You, me and the rest of the skinny folks'll be walkin' a bit funny by the end.

Maybe a bit, but if we start at noon, we can hit 'em all and not get too loopy. wink.gif

Or is there a time limit to this experience?

Well, initially I was thinking of a modified pub crawl, where we only visited one or two establishments a night or something like that (for those of us who have to work the next day), but now that you guys have gotten all psyched about a "REAL" pub crawl... bigdrink.gif

NO "Planning" just do it! Just call it! After it's called, it's not up for discusssion. If you don't like the place, go somewhere else and write your own report. I do not want this turn into a mini-pub club, that we all bicker and whine about. That is not what this is about, this is for information gathering purposes.

icegirl said:

Well, initially I was thinking of a modified pub crawl, where we only visited one or two establishments a night or something like that (for those of us who have to work the next day), but now that you guys have gotten all psyched about a "REAL" pub crawl... bigdrink.gif

NO "Planning" just do it! Just call it! After it's called, it's not up for discusssion. If you don't like the place, go somewhere else and write your own report. I do not want this turn into a mini-pub club, that we all bicker and whine about. That is not what this is about, this is for information gathering purposes.

I think Icegirl hit the nail on the head. All this planning and shit. You guys sound like women. That's what they do. Fuck, just start drinking and working your way down the street.

trask said:

icegirl said:

damn, she is good lookin' isn't she?