What gets ya really really really psyched????

sexual_chocolate

How do I put this....

I get inspired by silly things.

I get inspired reading about John Gill, and the things he could do.

He could do a one-arm pull-up from a doorjamb!

I know it's silly, but after I read this, I was psyched! I started training! I can't describe the psyche that I felt about it, yet it was palpable, real! I really wanted to do this!

Does anyone else share this psych about any little power tricks? Does anyone want to do a one-arm? Off a doorjamb? A one-arm campus move? Some crazy "power project" or anything along these lines?

Anything!!!!

Come On! Bring it ON!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright alright sexy, I'll post a response. Just so you don't get lonely. It is a good thread, really.

I have a climbing wall in my basement. It's adjustable, from 28 degrees overhanging, to almost horizontal. It's not really big (6' by 8') yet there are about 200+ holds on it. Well, there's one move on it (along with many others) that gets me super-psyched. There's a first-digit mono about halfway up the wall. I'll start with my left on a decent hold down low, reach up into the mono with my right, build my feet WAY up under me, left drop-knee, lock the right mono at my waist, and cross through with my left to a funky sloper. Damn, it's intense for me! i have to concentrate harder than with ANYTHING ELSE in my life! This gets me way psyched! That's all I can say!

Maybe some people can't understand, I don't know? But boy it's a cool feeling to pull that hard, giving EVERYTHING you've got in that moment!

Spice Girls, Katie Brown, Power Gel, X-Games, Mt. Dew, Big Lou, Dwayner with a wig, greasy sleeping bags, Oktoberfest, Return of the Salmon Fest, Christmas Lighting Fest, Mai Fest, Exodous-of-Tourists-Fest, Arrival-of-Tourists-to-Purchase-a-Bunch-of-Nutcrackers-and-Yodeling-Records Fest, usw.

Hey pope: I see you neglected to mention your X-girlie-friend "Donna Top-Step" (who will be in Leavenworth this weekend in case you care); relieving yourself on sleeping bags (was it yours or hers, I forget); asking me to wear a wig during a bivouac; and living in your mom's basement. THESE are a few of your favorite things. These ARE a few of your favorite things. These are A few of your favorite things. These are a FEW of your favorite things. These are a few OF your favorite things. These are a few of YOUR favorite things. These are a few of your FAVORITE things. These are a few or your favorite THINGS.

Crimpers and slopers and long waits in iso;

Frenchies yelling, "Allez!" as I set up to dyno;

The beta I'll need for the crux underclings.....these are a few of my favorite things.

A bolt by my feet and my knee and my shoulder;

A hot little number to spot while I boulder;

Apparel that matches my colorful slings....these are a few of my favorite things!

When I'm clipping, when I'm taking, when I'm not feeling rad, I simply remember my last night with Donna and then I don't feel.......so bad.

quote:

Originally posted by pope:

Crimpers and slopers and long waits in iso;

Frenchies yelling, "Allez!" as I set up to dyno;

The beta I'll need for the crux underclings.....these are a few of my favorite things.

A bolt by my feet and my knee and my shoulder;

A hot little number to spot while I boulder;

Apparel that matches my colorful slings....these are a few of my favorite things!

When I'm clipping, when I'm taking, when I'm not feeling rad, I simply remember my last night with Donna and then I don't feel.......so bad.

Not so bad eh? That's not what I heard!!! Rumor on the street is that uh.... maybe I won't go there

CHocolate ya dude I get stoked on bad ass moves, WHat gets me most stoked is big boulders with lines that stick out saying climb me!! gently over hanging with crisp edges

its the best on a cold fall day in the icicle,

I like it when my feet come off and IM just squeezing the holds thats fun, all euro style

nic

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

I know. I didn't think you were.
smile.gif

I just figured since health records are considered personal records that DPS might not want his health talked about online unless he's the one instigating it. See your PM's.

Mike

Hey mikeadam, I don't want to belabor the point, or make anyone uncomfortable, but he did bring it up, and since we are, collectively, a forum of individuals who more or less choose to hang out together, it seems like anything that's up could and should be brought up into the open, don't ya think? I would hope that people care more about each other than what kind of boots the other person wears, or whether to bolt or not to bolt, or whether sport-climbers are really way cooler than trad-climbers, or the other way around. I mean sure, these are cool and fun things to talk about, but they aren't the only things. And I was genuinely moved to inquire into his situation.

I mean, this forum isn't really all that different than real life. It IS real life, in that we are human beings interacting. That is what a large part of life is all about. The fact that so many of us hang out here so much is a testament to that fact, I think. So I personally don't want to exclude any aspect.

Am I wrong on this? Am I missing something?

I do want to wish and pray, with utmost sincerety and compassion, for a complete healing and recovery for danielpatricksmith. My prayers are with you.

Could it be that danielpatricksmith opened a letter with no return address and is feeling a little under the weather. I would say a big spoonful of antibiotics and stay off my favorite rocks you sickie.

Or it could just be that DPS is working to hard and needs to get out on something less horizontal than his desk and work out the funk.

PS-DPS makes me think of college and the "Department of Public Safety", we always made fun of them too. wink.gif"

miker

quote:

Originally posted by sexual chocolate:

Hey mikeadam, I don't want to belabor the point, or make anyone uncomfortable, but he did bring it up, and since we are, collectively, a forum of individuals who more or less choose to hang out together, it seems like anything that's up could and should be brought up into the open, don't ya think?

Hmmm, let's start with moondancing. You did bring it up. Don't ya think?