Fred Beckey television appearance

stvjones

On Sunday, March 9, 2003, Fred Beckey will make a rare television appearance. Beckey will be featured on the "Author's Hour" program at 9:00 p.m. on TVW, Washington's statewide public-affairs television network. In the one-hour interview, Beckey discusses his 65-year mountaineering career, as well as his new book, "Range of Glaciers: The Exploration and Survey of the Northern Cascade Range," published by the Oregon Historical Society Press.

The TVW network is available on most cable TV systems statewide in Washington. In Seattle and other areas served by AT&T Broadband, TVW is found on channel 23. To find the channel in other areas, consult your local cable listings or use the channel locator at www.tvw.org. In addition to the cable TV broadcast, the interview will be available on the internet at the TVW audio and video archives at www.tvw.org.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they will have a babe interview Fred so that we can see the old man's moves in action. . . HCL.gif

I had occasion to see Fred's moves firsthand a few years back at the parking area for 3 O'Clock Rock. We had passed him and his very attractive partner a few hundred yards before the road. As we were sipping a cold one, he and his partner arrive at their car. Fred sidles over, says something like hey good job, gives her a hug and then grabs her ass. My friend Rob shot some suds out his mouth and I almost did the same out my nose. We feigned busyness as Fred was soundly repulsed with a shove and a slap on the shoulder.

No luck for Fred, but boy was he smooth.

I had occasion to see Fred's moves firsthand a few years back at the parking area for 3 O'Clock Rock. We had passed him and his very attractive partner a few hundred yards before the road. As we were sipping a cold one, he and his partner arrive at their car. Fred sidles over, says something like hey good job, gives her a hug and then grabs her ass. My friend Rob shot some suds out his mouth and I almost did the same out my nose. We feigned busyness as Fred was soundly repulsed with a shove and a slap on the shoulder.

No luck for Fred, but boy was he smooth.

rockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Actually, I think Ray made the Beckey account to post something for Fred. It was probably the announcement about the new edition of the green book, and the request for beta on new routes, changing access, etc. - can't quite remember.

I did never create his account. I did insert only the info he requested. He does not read this board ever but will respond (sometimes) to email about routes for his book and inquiries about gear he had for sale I am sure. Fred doesnt get into the internet jabber. I think he'd rather be planning his next 15 trips instead... .. bigdrink.gif

I am sure any spam about photos you have etc will be ignored.