PM's aren't private

Scott_J

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who thinks anything sent on the Internet is private is deluded. Even if sent encryptedit has to be un-encrypted to be read and it is cached somewhere.

The admin of a site is god. They can easily read anything. That goes for your work email and your work voicemail. I knew phone techs whould run through peoples voice mail while they were doing maintenance on the system.

Is is moral? No.

does it happen? all the time.

Yeah it is a defensive move you moron. People are accusing us of shit that isn't true. Some people think it is bullshit that we have access to their PM inboxes. We don't have access so we can read them, we are just able to login to peoples accounts so we can fix the shit. Just like the computer and network admin at your work or at your ISP has access to literally everything you type or put over the network.

I trust jon and Timmy for the most part on this one. If some moderator wants to stick his nose into shit that's none of his/her business because they can or whatever, well that's fucked up. I know you CAN, and I understand why. That said, it would be shitty to find out someone read your shit just 'cause they could and used it.

I trust jon and Timmy for the most part on this one. If some moderator wants to stick his nose into shit that's none of his/her business because they can or whatever, well that's fucked up. I know you CAN, and I understand why. That said, it would be shitty to find out someone read your shit just 'cause they could and used it.

The moderators cannot read PMs! Just Tim or I. Look I don't expect you people to trust us, so in the event you don't, just don't post anything sensitive in your PMs. Just like you would in email or anything else.

Yeah it is a defensive move you moron.

Wow, name callin. I'm trying to really be a better person lately and then I get let down by one of the biggies. boo hoo frown.gif

1st. That wasn't directed towards you.

2nd. Is posting slander about people on the internet part of your plan on becoming a better person. Just curious?

The fact is Jon and Timmy never guaranteed us any privacy when we signed up for this board. This ain't hotmail. It's their bbs and they can do whatever the hell they like with it. That said, I think they are terrific hosts. Long live cc.com! smile.gif

I agree. We should make everyone believe that all "private messages" are just private smirk.gif Then we should call people morons that dont even criticize us. bigdrink.gif