Gloves in Muir Hut, back in Sept.

Alpine_Tom

On our DC climb, Sunday-Monday, Sep 8/9, I lost a pair of red fleece gloves in the Muir Hut. They weren't at all expensive (like, $5) but they fit me like, well, a glove, and I can't find replacements that are nearly so comfortable. They're red, with a sort of Navajo pattern on the backs, and black plastic grippy stuff on the palms.

If they showed up in your pack, I'd greatly appreciate their return.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll join this competition for most impossible recovery: Lost one Petzl locker on a loop of green (or was it orange?) 6mm accessory cord, girth-hitched around a shrub above the overhang at the top of the small gulley just east of the Imperfect Impasse, below Whatcom Peak. It's the gulley that's the wrong way to get up to Perfect Pass if you find yourself at the headwaters of the Baker River...

Also lost one picket, somewhere in the Pickets.

Last March I left a pair of bd flicklocks, a full water bottle, and a half eaten prosciutto and provolone baguette in the basin below the east face of chair. We came down in the dark and I couldn't find them.

I've got new poles now, so all I really want back is the rest of the sandwich.

I'll up the improbability ante - two biners (locker and oval) marked with yellow tape attached to blue webbing on the last set of anchors before the top of Dreamer on Green Giant Buttress. Left in late September.

My climbing partner also left a couple of mid-sized BD stoppers fixed in the finger crack at the start of the last pitch on outer-space in July. Marked with red tape...

While you are at it, maybe you could return the 22cm Grivel 360 screw that I lost at the base of Mt. Lincoln falls out in CO last November. Also marked with yellow tape...

• 4 weeks later...
i think i have one of those stoppers JayB... alas it is now in the Baltic (with me) if you want it in 3-4 months, let me know kinda mangled, looks like quite a few people tried working on it, but good bail gear for sure... cantfocus.gif

Fence:

That's pretty funny - I was wondering who would end up with that gear - and thought that someone from cc.com might walk away with it. When did you pry it out of the crack? I thought I heard people make reference to the stuck gear on that section of the climb for at least a month or two after my partner left it behind there.

I've long since replaced the gear, but it would be pretty amusing to chronicle that stopper's travels around the world since being left behind last summer...

one pair of orange size large atlas freezer gloves. either near Bozeman last Febuary or lost in my swamp below my house. It's possible they are under all my climbing gear but, I haven't seen them in a while. fruit.gif

Call off the search, my gloves were rescued late last night from under my tuff tote full of fasteners in the garage. Thanks for your help! fruit.gif

• 2 weeks later...