THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my favorite passage:

And in Alaska, the state government contends that even some section lines -- the imaginary grid that marks off every square mile in the nation -- are subject to the provision and can be claimed as roads.

The best part is, it sounds like the taxpayers get to pay for PAVING the roads, too! At least now we know where our trail park dollars will be going.

This type of crap pisses my off sooo bad that I can hardly sit here and just let it happen. We should all make a pact to put spikes on trails and slash any tires of people who think they just go ripping through the backwoods endangering hikers and other more respectful users. This is another example of how ignorant and out of touch our president is with people who feel that pristine countryside is something to cherish and not take advantage of. There has to be a lawyer reading this right now who feels the same way. If we yell hard enough towards the east and those morons in Washington D.C. maybe we can make a difference. Finally as a warning, if I catch you riding your motorbike/ATV/4-wheeler out where I used to hike in solitude be prepared to get your redneck ass kicked severly! You will need to buy new tires and you will be walking home.

Weekend_climberz, I'll tell you what punk. I won't be one riding an off-road vehicle out there and I don't agree with this legislation, but if I was and you pulled that crap on me, I'd take your ass out. No shit...you'd be forest mulch. You'd better watch who you're screwing with dude, because most off-roaders that I know are liquored-up, mean motherfuckers with a serious disregard for environmentalist types.

To confront them head on is just stupid. Take them on through legal means.

Could this just be a reaction to environmentalist's constant harping about, and ongoing attempts to erode the ORV'ers EXISTING access? (ie: Dark Divide, Yellowstone snowmobiles, etc) I don't own any type of ORV (although I do accasionally ride a mountain bike), but I can understand why ORV'ers dislike the Seattle-enviro-elite crowd.

Shit, many of the same intolerant groups that hate ORV'ers would also like to slap severe limits on ALL backcountry access! That includes hikers, mtn bikers, skiers, and CLIMBERS. That means you.

1.) I suspect that, as is often the case, the Seattle PI story does not have all of the facts. (Some of you might want to x-check this thing out before your letters start flying)

2.) I also suspect that this proposal is simply an extreme negotiating stance meant to counter the extremism often demonstrated by the "other side".

Flame away!

Edited by Fairweather

It remains to be seen whether private groups such as off-road-vehicle clubs could sue to open the routes.

yah, that's GREAT hellno3d.gif

These situations will keep haunting us as this world gets more and more crowded..Quit living so long and for god's sake, quit multiplying!!! grin.gif

It's funny how Bush annonced this on Christmas Eve too. A time it would get little notice from television "news". Who with a right mind could pass something so ridiculous without having an outside agenda? There is the possibility that Bush is setting it up so his company can get dirt cheap land and roads when he's out of office.

I've always maintained that Congress should spend 3 years making new laws and 1 year taking antiquated laws off the books. Prime example. To think that some law passed over 100 years ago on how to manage our public land is appropriate and acknowledges todays reality is absurd. If we are going to be that way, I say give it all back to the Native Americans and let them say how we get to use it.

Eat shit, trask. I worked in landscaping for two months in the summer until the work ran out. I run my own web design business, am taking an architecture course, and have been applying for every job in my field for which I'm remotely qualified. Today I'll probably be walking over to the new Walgreens that's opening in my neigborhood to put in my hat for a minimum wage slave job selling dental floss.

If people like me are such a boil on your backside, why don't you set up your own communist dictatorship, where everyone gets a job and no one is allowed to complain?

That, or hire me, you dumb fuck.