• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
keenwesh

Speed records in Washington

Five bivies on a summer ascent of Slesse (Greenwood/Howes 87) is probably what 8a.nu would call "some kind of world record"

Edited by G-spotter

I couldn't help but get nauseous reading your post. This kind of chest beating is what makes climbing not fun. Ya, I've done some myself, some justifiably and some not.

Recently I climbed snow creek wall, in fact in september, and took like 10 hours because I am out of shape a bit and had to do all the leading. But I've climbed it like 6 times so who cares how fast I do it? It's about the experience. When I read your guys' obituary I am not going to be surprised. With that, I am going to pack up my gear for a solo in the enchantments. :fahq:

I'm sorry, aren't you summitchaser CJB from the days of yore? I guess I'll just leave it at that...

So records are as follows:

Olympus C2C: 11:06

Backbone: 1:53, C2C time?

N ridge Stuart: 5 hours C2C?

With that, I am going to pack up my gear for a solo in the enchantments. :fahq:

Don't forget to take your crampons off before glissading :laf:

Probably the fastest I've gone in the mountains are Direct East Buttress in around 3 hours, and NE Buttress of Slesse with Jens Klubberud, which was very fast climbing between the both of us.

I can verify that Alex and Jens were going fast on Slesse! They blew by us on the upper pitches, simuling everything, while we were happily pitching it out. It was cool to watch.

I'll just leave this here. About_Us.jpg

Amateurs, this guy has FAs at Mt Si and Index, not to mention the dry tooling stuff. don't mess with him.

I do seriously wonder that type of complex this is. It's an interesting study for sure.

FYI, I'm pretty sure the middle guy is Layton.

Ha. You long ago lost your standing to call anyone out for chestbeating. What's nauseating is your phony self-righteousness, especially when accusing Plotz, one of the most modest bad-asses around, of self-promotion. You should just shut up.

is there any known compiler of Washington speed records? if there isn't we can go on bashing summitchaser, I just want to make sure there isn't a chance of a on topic thread before it gets moved to spray.

Ha. You long ago lost your standing to call anyone out for chestbeating. What's nauseating is your phony self-righteousness, especially when accusing Plotz, one of the most modest bad-asses around, of self-promotion. You should just shut up.

:lmao::lmao:

is there any known compiler of Washington speed records?

there's this guy with a dog, but he's not to be trusted

i wonder why chicks don't get all gaga over speed records? seems they like it when a fella takes his sweet time getting a job done? strange. :grin:

i wonder why chicks don't get all gaga over speed records? seems they like it when a fella takes his sweet time getting a job done? strange. :grin:

It's not how fast you are, it's how many laps you can do. No one likes a slog.

JasonG- didn't keep track.

"Quit posturing at the weekly parties. Your high pulse rate, your 5.12s and quick time on the Slickrock Trail don't mean shit to anybody else. These numbers are the measuring sticks of your own progress; show, don't tell. Don't react to the itch with a scratch. Instead, learn it. Honor the necessity of both the itch and the scratch."

-Twight

I know a couple guys who hold superhuman speed records, and they appear to be human (at least when I've been climbing with them, I do a double take when I read about the times they've put up though). There have to be some crazy times posted for the routes I've listed above. Post up. What's that record for liberty crack? W ridge prussik. Hell, midway on castle rock!