big reason cc is surviving

glassgowkiss

And legal prostitution.

No, prostitution is not legal in Las Vegas or Reno but "nearby" each city.

Illegal prostitution I'm sure happens in each city a lot. And in Seattle.

But this info will not help cc.com prosper unless jon and oly are really enterprising.

Edited by matt_warfield

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one.

Zero cost: meet and greet hookup

A little more: dinner and a movie

More: a prostitute but not high end

Even more: a high end prostitute

Greater: any of the above that steals from you

Most: being married (unless you are smarter or luckier than me)

Greatest: The biggest thread drift ever!

Edited by matt_warfield

I agree once again with GGK. The area within a few hours drive has an amazing amount of climbing.

And Pete, the booze is free when gambling but the hookers are not cheap depending partly on whether you prefer trad, sport, or aid.

And we get visitors to this site from around the country and world so, like with the internet in general, cascadeclimbers is virtual and will survive by being interesting.

Edited by matt_warfield

I agree once again with GGK. The area within a few hours drive has an amazing amount of climbing.

Other plus side is that RN's are making almost twice as much as here in WA state, my wife is graduating in June. They also have trauma 1 hospital, none here in Bellingham. My wife wants to work in ICU or ED, and this hospital doesn't hire new grads, more opportunities there. Plus days like today remind me how much better I feel in the sun. I guess I reached a limit of clouds and rain.

Other plus side is that RN's are making almost twice as much as here in WA state, my wife is graduating in June. They also have trauma 1 hospital, none here in Bellingham. My wife wants to work in ICU or ED, and this hospital doesn't hire new grads, more opportunities there. Plus days like today remind me how much better I feel in the sun. I guess I reached a limit of clouds and rain.

No fucking around with this response. My ex-wife is an ER nurse and your research on level is right on but you could do Harborview at Level 1 if you still wanted doom and gloom, the only Level 1 in the PNW. She would make good money there. But the sun and climbing aspects along with opportunity would be great. But what about your career?

I like to make sure every post has something to do with the thread so will just say move but like layton please post now and then and be as acerbic as always. :wave:

An RN who I graduated with, here in Seattle, chose Las Vegas when she started working her license. She wound up coming back to Seattle (despite the rain). I'm not sure how important the experience was to the career she has here in Seattle now, but students for whom I was preceptor more recently, during their final, pre-graduation clinical rotations, told me that experience is vitally important, from what they're seeing when scouting job prospects just before their graduation. Speaking as students from one of the best schools and who have Nurse Tech positions at Harborview, they surprised me when they said that won't be helping them get work there anytime soon. For that, they say, it's generally a matter of working the license somewhere else, suffering and surviving the slings and arrows, then coming back for more.

Btw: I see at the moment that a quick search turns up what looks like very, very doable entry level positions for Med-Surg RN (pathway to ICU, etc) in Las Vegas: Example

Dirtbag weather, RN jobs.. Looks real good to me!

Crux, you are absolutely right. Interesting enough, 4 years ago, when my wife started her path to nursing degree, it was much easier to get a job as a new grad around here, compared to the market down South. Now the situation have reversed itself and SLC, Vegas and generally SW hold way better prospects for landing a better job in comparison to WA state. For instance SLC has a residency type of training for ICU for the new grads. What is frustrating for my wife is she already put in 4 years in this hospital as Tech and UC, which includes UC in ICU.

Considering the difference in cost of living, weather and climbing, I think move down south is pretty certain in the next 3-12 months.

My bike need to have front fork and back shock rebuilt (front is leaking oil), plus a ton of other fixes at the moment. I am also tired of cleaning mud from my teeth. I spent roughly just over 40 days biking last year, and at least half of it was in the rain. Again- after a while- totally unfun!