Bub Club 12/10

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 11:30 and my alarm clock just went off....before heading off to the 7-11 for some Moon Pies and Mickey's.....

choss dog Matt say:

"Favorite Pub Club thought:

In trying to figure out why so many right wing political conservatives are also anti-bolt (see RETRO thread), we deduced that these "Greg W" types must see bolts as similar to welfare. Are bolts the same as welfare? ."

Answer: many conservatives believe in traditional values. In other words: TRAD. Are bolts the same as welfare? To the extent that some people on welfare are lazy with no intention of working, one could extend the analogy as say that clipping bolts on a sport climb is lazy, at least lazier than having to think and put in your own gear.

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifrockband.gifbigdrink.gif

Greg - you should be proud to be a "type." Think about it -- you could start a whole new genre and you'd get sponsors and peaks would be named after you and ... There is no insult inherent in observing a pattern in the connection between stated positions on war and on bolting unless, of course, you are not so proud of your position on one of these issues.

Shalom Dwayner,

That was the answer I was looking for. A wall full of bolts is more than just an eye sore-- it is an impediment on my experience and an infringement on my right to find wildness in wilderness. However, a well placed bolt is like manna from heaven. Used sparingly, it has it's place.

Once again, thanks for the intelligent response Dwayner.

Greg W, let's have an eastside drink up! Bygones?

Just trying to still things up around here. Isn't it time someone made the argument that telemark skiing is better than randonee? cantfocus.gif

Law Goddes: you really are impatient. Last time you were complaining about our absence at a safety break and I swear, nobody left the place for more than ten minutes. This time you must have waited all of one minute because I was there at 7:01. I ordered a burger and a pitcher and calmly waited for the person to show up.

Edited by mattp

My real profession??

professional dog walker (too bad it's my dog and she doesn't pay much)

TLG, you gotta wait around, girl! At least show, and then you can leave early if you're not into the dining fare or intelligent dialogue...

I must say, the slide show was very nice... great pictures!

Greg - you should be proud to be a "type." Think about it -- you could start a whole new genre and you'd get sponsors and peaks would be named after you and ... There is no insult inherent in observing a pattern in the connection between stated positions on war and on bolting unless, of course, you are not so proud of your position on one of these issues.

I'm not offended Mattp. As you know, I enjoy spirited debate. Bummer I missed it; maybe next time.