The weather rant

glassgowkiss

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rained in bellingham most of sat- including baker ski area, did not start clearing up till 1pm today. isn't it a climbers board? who gives a flying fuck if you can go hiking on a half rainy day. the point of this rant is that you can't go climbing. and of course, when it's time to go back to work it clears up- like clockwork. I bet by this thursday it will start getting shitty again.

There were two cycle tourists riding the Icefields Parkway last this winter when I was there. The previous few days had seen -10 F. No room at the hostel. "No problem, we'll just camp".

Dayum. At least they pretty much had the road to themselves.

That's fucking psychotic. Maybe they were Polish.

rained in bellingham most of sat- including baker ski area, did not start clearing up till 1pm today. isn't it a climbers board? who gives a flying fuck if you can go hiking on a half rainy day. the point of this rant is that you can't go climbing.

Whoa, man. What's with the bad vibes you're throwing at mother nature? As good as a place WA is for climbing, if that was the only way we could get our rocks off here, we would die of boredom in winter. Or blue balls if that analogy is better.

Guaranteed that even the most obsessed climber on this board has a whole set of athletic hobbies. I bet we even have some closeted spinners here.

In Bozeman yesterday I was walking on a snowy/icy trail and got passed by a dude on a unicycle with a snow tire. Last month it was some guy ice skating down the middle of the street. Then there are the college kids wearing shorts and loafers at 10 deg. on campus. To each their own in passing winter.