Please leave

glassgowkiss

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be awesome to see a GOP politician actually, you know, do something constructive at some point. Reagan and the ozone layer comes to mind. Doesn't seem to have happened in a while. A long, long while.

Why non-stop bitching about gays, those slutty rape victimz, muslims, Kenyans, taxing the rich appropriately, unions, those lazy poor people, an overly entitled middle class, immigrants, People Who Hate America , the healthy food movement, any regulation whatsoever, Big Gubmint, gun control advocates, folks who object to 2 really stupid fucking wars, and the hoax that is global warming earns a taxpayer funded paycheck is beyond me.

Can anyone come up with even a single constructive thing GOP elected officials have done in the past, oh, decade? One thing that turned out for the better public good? Let's lower the bar - how about one constructive, magnanimous thing a GOP official has even said?

Cuz I'm kind of drawing a blank, here.

Contrast the finger pointing by 'numbers man' Paul Ryan, the teabaggers, FASCNews, the Krisjunz, blah blah for the GOP's self-induced pineapple enema versus Hilary Clinton's acceptance of blame for the Libya attack or Obama's admission of failure for his first debate performance. It's a maturity thing. I prefer to have adults in governance, personally.

Look, if you want to be the party of chair-warming whiny assholes, thas coo. Don't be surprised when your get your assholes handed to you by the voters, however.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

ICan anyone come up with even a single constructive thing GOP elected officials have done in the past, oh, decade? One thing that turned out for the better public good? Let's lower the bar - how about one constructive, magnanimous thing a GOP official has even said?

Cuz I'm kind of drawing a blank, here

They got the first black prez elected, twice. Maybe in a roundabout way, but, still. If GDub was not such an idiot (yes, it takes one to know one) it prolly wouldn't have happened.

A mistake many conservatives talking heads continue to make is believing "liberals" (whatever that is anymore) are not self-sufficient, and not armed.

EXACTLY! My ex-next door neighboor. Wow! Damn near beyond belief. Good guy, much more liberal than some of the more liberal libs here...but...as they are moving it comes up that he'd had a loaded shotgun leaning on the wall behind his bedroom door the entire 6 years that they had lived there.

"But what about yer kids?" Says I.

"They were taught at an early age not to touch it".

"Loaded? Like full of shells?" says I...

"Yeah", he looks me in the eyes "An unloaded gun is worthless".

"I'm sure your kids were fine, but what about all the other neighboor kids who were running through here every summer..."

" My kids wouldn't let them touch it"....he says.

Fuck. And I though I was crazy. My kids would have been fine as they were trained as well. But the rest of the munchkins? Hmmm, bad idea to give children access to loaded shotguns. Never admitted to him that I'd bought gas masks for my family, and for all the kids on the block including his kids, but not for him and his wife. The only adult I confessed that too got all strange on me.

Anyhows, back on topic. The plot thickens. Is everyone, and not just Trash and Rob, sniffing bath salts these dayz?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/deport-everyone-signed-petition-withdraw-their-state-united-states-america/dmQl1bXL

My state: "A petitioner from Tillamook, Ore., identified by the site as Kristopher W, worded his state’s petition this way: “Allow Oregon to vote on and leave the union peacefully and remain an ally to the nation.”

He continues, “With the federal government increasing its size much larger than our Founding Father’s intended, and its abuse of power trumping over the rights of state constitutions, and the forcing of unconstitutional laws over its own citizens, the people of Oregon would like the chance to vote on leaving the Union immediately. The federal government has imposed policies on Oregon that are not in Oregon’s best interests, and we as citizens would respectively and peaceably separate ourselves from a tyrannical government who cares nothing about creating a sustainable future for our children. At any time that the citizens of Oregon [should feel] the federal government was no longer imposing on the Constitution, we could re-vote to again join the union under a new agreement.”

One of the contrary petitions reads this way: “Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede and Exile Them.”

It continues, “Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported.”

LOLZ ! Off to planet ....with ya! :lmao:

edited to add, a petition to end petitions LOL. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/shut-down-white-house-petitions-they-never-get-sincere-response-few-read-them-they-are-ultimately/nBtJ7d4R

Shut down White House petitions, since they never get a sincere response, few read them, & they are ultimately worthless

Since the White House never actually responds to any petitions in sincerity (like letting the one man whose job it is to oppose marijuana to respond to the marijuana legalization initiative, or having the head of the TSA respond to why we can't de-fund the TSA) we should immediately de-fund and dismantle the White House petition website.

In recent days it has become a mockery with petitions for secession from almost every state, and cities wishing to de-secede in such events.

We ask Barack Obama to admit that this is a mockery of democratic process and immediately dissolve this joke of a website.

Created: Nov 15, 2012

Edited by billcoe

Can anyone come up with even a single constructive thing GOP elected officials have done in the past, oh, decade?

The announcement was made that U.S. President George W. Bush has designated a scattered chain of wildlife-rich and remote Hawaiian islands the largest marine sanctuary in the world.

There is no end to what a republican can do with the stroke of a pen once they realize there is no earthly possibility of exploiting a resource. And while remote, I'm guessing they're ripe for a patriotic colonization in kind of a honky Liberia.

Can anyone come up with even a single constructive thing GOP elected officials have done in the past, oh, decade?

The announcement was made that U.S. President George W. Bush has designated a scattered chain of wildlife-rich and remote Hawaiian islands the largest marine sanctuary in the world.

There is no end to what a republican can do with the stroke of a pen once they realize there is no earthly possibility of exploiting a resource. And while remote, I'm guessing they're ripe for a patriotic colonization in kind of a honky Liberia.

Well at least there is less pressure on the oceans and Alaska and politics with the Middle East due to oil sand and fracking and fewer regulations on coal. But we are still major consumers of energy and there will be consequences someday.

Edited by matt_warfield

Think of the possibility for fostering Japanese-Chinese collaboration, by having US invade and claim the Daiyou/Senkaku Islands.

Kind of funny how all those lazy Democratic governors are ready for Obamacare - and planning their own state level health exchanges (a huge amount of extra work) while those hard working Republican governors are either a) just taking whatever the feds come up with or b) asking for more time and "need more questions answered".

HARD WORK, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I love this last post, reminds me of the great Gary Larson cartoon of an "Imbeciles of America" parade where they're carrying their sign upside down. And it seems we always hear from these Ron Paul- type guys who want us to go back to the Constitution of the original 13 colonies, when the national population was hardly a million. I bet we could find a few highways or schools for them that need rebuilding by hand, pick-and shovel, no machinery or power tools, etc. Take away their cars, gas and electricity,all modern conveniences. Home school the kids writing on a split board with charcoal by candlelight, grow all their own food. Yep, rugged individualism, bear grease 'n grits fer supper, thar, Jed.....

And of course we're still waiting for Rush Limbaugh to buy that one-way ticket to Puerto Rico or Canada or where ever it was. :rolleyes::laf:

Such political genius we have in this country; for the last several days we've been treated to the spectacle of failed Presidential candidate John McCain shooting off his mouth, jumping all over Obama's supposed disregard for national security concerning the murder of our Ambassador and staff and torching of the embassy in Benghazi. Of course, this is the same guy who thought that Sarah Palin was qualified to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. A smart mouth does NOT correspond to equivalent governing ability and intelligence.