undecided?

lummox

Vote today's GOP and you are officially stating that you do not believe in equal rights. Substitute women, blacks, whatever, for gays, as you like. The principle - a concept lost on today's 'conservative', is exactly the same. You are attempting to force your own ignorant, cruel, and bigoted religious beliefs, and let's face, Kristians are the ONLY group that opposes everyone's right to marry who the love these days, on every other American.

Vote GOP and you may or may not consider yourself a homophobe. Doesn't matter. You're voting for a party that neither believes in separation of church and state nor Equal Protection. You're not only anti-American, in the true sense - not in the "I think this idiotic war is a really bad idea for the country, herd mentality, fox sense", but in the sense that you don't agree with the basic principles of what this country is all about.

The Bill of Rights is what makes us American. That, and the fact that we were born here by some lucky accident. Not our military, not our Quorum Homes , not our Glenn Beck flag-wear.

It's NOT all about the economy - an area which the GOP, with its infantile ideology is way out of its depth on anyway. That is a false narrative invented by pricks to obfuscate agenda to further concentrate wealth and enact their discriminatory religious social agenda. The economy comes and goes, regardless of who's in office. It's short term. Principles are forever. They represent who we are, or aren't, at the core.

I AM anti-Kristian - today's phony, Born Again, Let's Save America For God type of Kristian. Big time. Not for their beliefs, which I do find kooky (um...they are), but for the war they've waged on the Bill of Rights since it was ratified. Unlike the Kristians, I believe that Kristians have a right to be who they are...as long as they do not impose their beliefs, through the rule of law, on others.

I'm anti Kristian because I'm an American. Not a 'proud American', just a grateful one.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm anti Kristian because I'm an American. Not a 'proud American', just a grateful one.

i'm amerikkkan b/c my parents humped here. not sure why that should make me proud of the flag. in fact, as the great bill hicks said, we could probably defuse all this fighting over flags if we just replaced the stars n' whatnot w/ pictures of our parents fucking - every nation could do the same - how easy will it be to get folks to rally round that? :)

Seattle Times fact checker says: "Actually, what the Dems said was pretty much true, during that debate, but wtf, we're gonna call them liars anyway, with the qualifier that they are saying what they are saying in order to win the undecided voter, and because you readers are really just too stupid to vote Republican like you should, without us obfusicating the issues and kind of, well, doing some of that fair-and-balanced shit. By the way, we're buying full-page ads in our own paper to try and get undecided voters to vote Republican. Check out the full-spread ads for McKenna, there to make you smarter every day until the election. Pretty cool, huh? Anyway, it's just business. Seriously, the other side has opposed the big wars, and big wars are good business for us. So buy more of our newspapers you sucker mother fuckers. That means you too, GGK, you dipshit. You might not care what the undecided voter thinks, but we do." --The Seattle Times

Seattle Times fact checker says: "Actually, what the Dems said was pretty much true, during that debate, but wtf, we're gonna call them liars anyway, with the qualifier that they are saying what they are saying in order to win the undecided voter, and because you readers are really just too stupid to vote Republican like you should, without us obfusicating the issues and kind of, well, doing some of that fair-and-balanced shit. By the way, we're buying full-page ads in our own paper to try and get undecided voters to vote Republican. Check out the full-spread ads for McKenna, there to make you smarter every day until the election. Pretty cool, huh? Anyway, it's just business. Seriously, the other side has opposed the big wars, and big wars are good business for us. So buy more of our newspapers you sucker mother fuckers. That means you too, GGK, you dipshit. You might not care what the undecided voter thinks, but we do." --The Seattle Times

Wars are a good business? Oh yeah, worked great- till 2008. WTF?

McKenna can suck my balls, since he pretty much wants to gut higher education funding. With my wife in a nursing program, and me heading back to school next year, there is no fucking way I will ever vote for him.

BIAS ALERT!!!

Why, oh why, did I ever post that?

that's just the STRESS talking, dude! you have got to BUCK UP before the tournie starts! :)

as has been stated long ago, the fundamental problem w/ fundies is they have no appreciation of irony - bias is understood to be an essential aspect of humanity - so why does it need such special attention now? hard not to have opinion in journalism, and undesirable too - jesus, i got OTHER shit to do, most days! we can use some help understanding WTF is going on, no? :)

I'm trying to channel my inner Linthwaite - that rare, detached bemusement at the human comedy, but as an Irishman, I must have at least one thing at all times to feel depressed about.

Actually, the election's still looking good the Big O. Haven't followed the governorship race. Interesting piece in the NYT on the Gallup pole outlier thing. FOX headline may be TOUCHDOWN ROMNEY! but historically, that poll hasn't done too well when it's out in right or left field from all the others. But hey, them's just a buncha librul numbers.

if people are making a claim of not made a decision in the presidential race, they are either:

1 Liars (they will vote for Romney)

2 They are too stupid, and who gives a fuck what they think.

Does anyone else find this shit ironic in light of how much Polish Bob, etc. criticizes Fox News and the Republicans for being so intolerant of other opinions?

if people are making a claim of not made a decision in the presidential race, they are either:

1 Liars (they will vote for Romney)

2 They are too stupid, and who gives a fuck what they think.

Does anyone else find this shit ironic in light of how much Polish Bob, etc. criticizes Fox News and the Republicans for being so intolerant of other opinions?

No irony in differentiating bullshit from adult analysis and reporting. Just keeping it real in an unreal world.

I'm trying to channel my inner Linthwaite - that rare, detached bemusement at the human comedy, but as an Irishman, I must have at least one thing at all times to feel depressed about.

i got them irish genes too - somehow the polish ones have interacted wildly w/ them to render this more or less totally apathetic blob you see bobbing around ahead of you - your curse is you CARE :)

I love...too much.

Speaking of love, and The States role in same: DOMA's lost 7/7 federal court battles so far. Next stop: The Supremes.

Absufuckinglutelyobviouslyunconstitutional law from the gitgo, as all of the GOP's attempts at religious tyranny are, so this should come as no surprise to anyone. The majority ruling explicitly differentiated between 'holy matrimony', which the State cares not a wit about, and 'civil marriage'. Why Kristians give a shit about controlling everyone elses civil marriage is utterly beyond this hairless monkey. More Saving America for God I expect.

The State has no compelling interest in engaging this form of discrimination (duh).

Still...what a nice surprise!