NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZimZam

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oink, Oink, squeeee!!!! It's a big fat scam,folks; current projected US corn supplies are over 135 billion bushels above last year, in part due to carryover from 2011; corn futures are actually declining on the world markets due to regional oversupply; South America and the US are continuing record exports of corn, etc. About 2400 years ago, the Greek historian Herodotus stated; " It appears that the main purpose for the existence of merchants is to create artificial shortages of commodities, thereby to raise prices...". What else is new? :rolleyes: Is that bacon I smell burning?? :shock:

There likely won't be any actual scarcity of bacon; if there is, it will be temporary. Once shortages are over, prices will not come down again, or ever, unless demand drops off so much that pork producers and marketers began to feel a serious pinch. Very serious, as in "Sales of bacon fall to record lows"; and "Pork producers leaving business in record numbers; markets on the ropes." Then you might see a smidgen of give on prices. Until the next time a semi-load of hogs jacknifes on I-80, or a big fire in a hog barn somewhere in Kansas. And don't forget that British brokers were responsible for the Lloyd's and Barclay's scams. They have a very long history of this, centuries. This one stinks like pig shit.

One thing there is no shortage of, nor will there ever be: GREED. :fahq:

Edited by Mtguide

Whoa, I did a lap Friday and saw a Preying Mantis walking right up the rock while I was belaying my buddy up the 4th pitch of Young Warriors. Had not seen a Mantis for years.

Didn't know they could type.

As far as the article goes,

The Guardian reports that the cost of bacon has doubled since 2006, and record droughts are to blame.
There has been a deep drought in the US this year. Yet I've seen Costco smoked salmon prices go from $9.99 to 16.99 in the same period (same brand, same size), and there doesn't seem to be any drought in the ocean. Food and gas have gone up in price across the board with few exceptions. Fortunately, inflation as the gov't measures it is nowhere to be seen.[/satirical final comment]