Outer Space Traverse 5.9?

shaoleung

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sissy!

More like 5.9b-.

With the new bolts I'm going to up on that traverse this weekend it should be much more cruiser though. Also, going to put in bolted rap stations due to all the traffic it sees. Everyone can thank me later.

See you out there!

Sissy!

More like 5.9b-.

With the new bolts I'm going to up on that traverse this weekend it should be much more cruiser though. Also, going to put in bolted rap stations due to all the traffic it sees. Everyone can thank me later.

See you out there!

Trolling trolling trolling

It felt 5.9 to me. No harder than Ski tracks, The Bone, Deception Crack, etc...Actually, I think it's easier than P1 of Canary or S. Face Jello Tower. The feet are excellent on that pitch.

If you thought that was a sandbag, have you been to J-tree or the Gunks?

Edited by malcolm777b

I didn't fall or hang on the traverse so it must be 5.9 or less, I fell on the step right off library ledge so it must be 5.10d

:)

Getting up to the traverse and stepping out is hard. The traverse is easier, especially if you have a long reach. It's as much sporty side-pulling as crack climbing.

I vote: 5.9. 5.9 doesn't mean "easy", you know?

The moves off Library Ledge are more questionable, to me.

Solid 5.8+ :fight:

Heady/committing/greasy/technical 5.9 is about right. If you go into it with 5.10 footwork it's no problem and definitely 5.9 but it can't be muscled, must be finnessed. Also helps if you're flexible an can stretch to the good foothold :)

Word. I am being a sissy... I blame it on the ominous clouds that threatened to piss on us... plus I just need to man up and quit pulling on pints.

The traverse is the best place to be on that route if it's raining.