• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
glassgowkiss

Stupid use of FB "like" button

I am on a filmmakers group on FB. Guy asks for info and contacts in Africa, asia for "fixer" info and driving company, which can make or brake production. Some deepshit presses "like" button. WTF? I mean what to "like" if a guy is asking about specific info!? Unless it's a rhetorical question pressing "like" button just proves you have no idea about language itself.

Posting picture as a reply to some else's post is on the same wave frequency as "like" button for a question that requires answer.

I am on a filmmakers group on FB. Guy asks for info and contacts in Africa, asia for "fixer" info and driving company, which can make or brake production. Some deepshit presses "like" button. WTF? I mean what to "like" if a guy is asking about specific info!? Unless it's a rhetorical question pressing "like" button just proves you have no idea about language itself.

If I used Facebook, I would "like" this

Glassgowkisses ontological query poses a conundrum for the denizens of Facebook.....what is it to "like"? These are the fundamental discussions that keep me coming back for more.

Facebook is the world's largest commercial security and privacy hazard.

I've been off facebook since September. I am getting a lot more work done. Instead of surfing Facebook on my breaks, I've been teaching myself to play the guitar. Or sometimes I talk to my co-workers. Real, face to face conversations.

My wife was a facebook widow. We get along a lot better now.

They ought to call that website "falsebook".

it's easier to shittalk yer freinds n' frenemies on cc.com :)

I've been off facebook since September. I am getting a lot more work done. Instead of surfing Facebook on my breaks, I've been teaching myself to play the guitar. Or sometimes I talk to my co-workers. Real, face to face conversations.

My wife was a facebook widow. We get along a lot better now.

They ought to call that website "falsebook".

old guys are funny!

OldManComputer_-_social_what-ia.jpeg