Thesis Ideas Request

wetslide

Hey,

Currently I'm a graduate student working on my masters in International Care and Community Development. I am currently looking for practicum sites where I could 1. learn about a culture not my own, 2. learn about a specific social change activity, and 3. gain access to 10-15 consultants in my research focus. My research focus includes but isn't limited to using photography for individual empowerment and for increasing awareness of marginalized groups.

I am already looking at Big City Mountaineers, for whom I've already volunteered (my dad is on the national advisory board).

But I am also looking for other (preferably but not necessarily) not-for-profits that have something to do with climbing or outdoor activities. Anyone know of anything that matches these criteria (even a little bit)?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

for increasing awareness of marginalized groups.

You mean like aid climbers or something?

More like inner city kids without the opportunities most of us had. This looks pretty cool.

Geez bro are you not allowed to have a sense of humor where you live or what?

On another note, is there any research that actually shows hoods in the woods programs actually work?

for increasing awareness of marginalized groups.

You mean like aid climbers or something?

More like inner city kids without the opportunities most of us had. This looks pretty cool.

Geez bro are you not allowed to have a sense of humor where you live or what?

On another note, is there any research that actually shows hoods in the woods programs actually work?

Yes, I actually could give you more information about that than you probably want to know. Basically they use a tool called "40 developmental assets" pre and post-trip. And yes, the program (big city mountaineers) is very effective.