tent pegs: how many??

its MR.gumby 2u

i'm planning on climbing mt. winniethepooh in illinois. i have 120 tent pegs. would these be enough? if not, would 4 trekking poles, 4 pickets, 3 ice axes and a couple of ice tools be enough of a supplement for any conditions i might encounter. i want to be prepared, cause i hear those who aren't prepared for the unexpected are those who die.

thanks in advance, its MR.gumby 2u

4502.jpg.95fe9766f2bfc5829d6f149bf69fff35.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1: Build fire

Step 2: Place 120 tent pegs in a pot

Step 3: Place 25 gallon propane canister in fire

Step 4: Place pot with pegs on canister

Wait for solid aluminum dome shelter to form suddenly.

Let new structure cool.

Nighty night.

oh, i am so with you on this. if i cook my first night's dinner directly on the dome as it's cooling, i'll not only be able to save carrying 2 or 3 oz's of fuel, but be able to warm up my sleeping bag before crawling in. additionally, if i use it this january, the dome should melt down through the snowpack to terra firma where the ambient temp should be hovering around 32゚. oh, i'll enjoy a quiet chuckle while everyone else is freezing their keester off.

I like to use those Russian Irbis style titanium ice screws.
titanium certainly sounds like the way to go, but are those russian ones the ones with the little pop-up knobs for speedy screwing? speed screwing sounds good to me.

also, does titanium work on bare rock? could i bolt my next route in the time it takes to pitch my tent??