I think I broke my belly button?

rob

The other day I was messing around with my belly button (I'm an "innie") and I discovered, with great effort, that I could pull it inside-out. When I finally accomplished this, it gave me quite a strange feeling, like I broke something.

So, I pushed it back in. It went back in, but slowly. I expected it to pop back in quickly, like a rubber band. But it just kind of deflated.

Now it's back to normal, but feels weird. And when I push on it, it makes little squishing/popping motions like it doesn't fit anymore.

WTF?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow day at work?

You do realize now that when you go to the doctors you will have to tell that story to the triage nurse, a student (maybe even two), a tech, the nurse, and all of those people will go to the doctor laughing about what you did, then the doctor will come and listen already thinking you are a bit of an idiot.

But since CC is such a caring community- do let us know how it plays out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
The other day I was messing around with my belly button (I'm an "innie") and I discovered, with great effort, that I could pull it inside-out.

WTF?

Exactly, WTF? Sounds like you had a bit too much "cofee", perhaps??? ;)

You got the heebee-gee bee itch, too?

• 3 months later...

Since this has happened, my belly button looks different, too. "Saggy" would be the best way to describe it, like there is too much loose skin inside the belly button, it's hard to describe.

Also, it seems prone to some sort of skin irritation / infection now, which makes it itchy and smell bad. I experimented with H2O2 which was neat because of the foaming action but I've actually had better results with a little hand sanitizer and a q-tip -- a good cleaning once a month or so seems to help.

I don't think it will really ever be back to normal. I just hope it doesn't get saggier with age.