This is a test of my offensive Avatar Image

Necronomicon

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's a very good question. Basically it comes down to the fact that while it it not permissible to be an initiating aggressor, once one is attacked it is permissible to defend oneself even if this means offensive actions."

There's a problem here, of course. Who attacked who first? Hatfields and McCoys.

Violence is the most naive response to violence; it just keeps the cycle intact. But I think that's what alot want, anyways.

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

... headin' back into the physical world.

That's what you think. You guys have nothing on muironsaturday. Nobody throws it down like Scott'door Research. It's at least 45 pages (and due to reopen for the anniversary shortly, I'm sure) [Roll Eyes]

As the riders loped on by him, he heard one call his name

'If you want to save your soul from hell, you’re ridin’ on that range

then cowboy, change your ways today……or with us you’ll ride on

tryin’ to catch the devil’s herd across the endless sky'

Yippee-I-Yay (Yippee-I-Yay)

Yippee-I-Yo (Yippee-I-Yo)

Ghost Riders in the Sky

"Violence is the most naive response to violence; it just keeps the cycle intact."

I see. So people about to be killed should not be naive, just dead, lest they continue the cycle.

Whenever someone tells me violence is naive or ineffective, I ask them what they suggest a woman about to be raped do. Or a man about to be beaten. Just how far to giving up one's life and rights to an assailant, does this deeply held belief in naivete of violence extend?

The "cycle" of violence as a reality everywhere, is a load. Sometimes there are cycles, sometimes there are not. Sometimes violence is appropriate and the only option, sometimes not. Saying violence is naive is in itself as naive as naive gets, IMO. Like everything else, it depends on the conditions surrounding it.

"But I think that's what alot want, anyways."

I'm sure that's what you think, but thinking others want something, in the place of knowing what they want, because it makes a nice argument is a very, very common assertion.

Perhaps you can tell us who in *their* own words wants violence to continue. Not *your* assertion, not another third party about yet another third party. I am not interested in interpretations by someone of someone elses behavior, who claims to know what they want.

"It's a very good question. Basically it comes down to the fact that while it it not permissible to be an initiating aggressor, once one is attacked it is permissible to defend oneself even if this means offensive actions."

I am curious too! who was the 'initiating aggressor'?

I took up home canning Whoop Ass. I bought the equipment from Walmart, a Ronco Whoop Ass Canner for $66.69 and a 20pack of cans for $5.83. But I can't find wild STFU growing anywhere so I have substituted with Bitch Slap. Anyone want a nice Bitch Slap I got plenty canned and ready for ya.