12. Charles Foster Kane 1 billon

13. Cruella De Vil 875 millon

14. Gordon Gekko 650 millon

15. Jay Gatsby 600 millon

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg your pardon, trask, you must not be aware that the north pole is sovereign Canadian territory.

In fact you can even send him a letter via Canadian mail:

Santa Claus

North Pole, Nunavut

H0H 0H0

I am still waiting for an answer to my last letter though. I told him I was willing to help out with his job and suggested that if he delegated me his list of girls who had been naughty I would make sure they were properly taken care of [big Grin] .

its because we took the good part of the continent and left you the rest.

also have you noticed Santa wears red and white, Canadian team colors. Just like at the Olympics. where the Canadian hockey teams smacked some USA ass.

Speaking of which how about those Whitecaps creaming the Sounders 8 goal to 2 in the series! Go Caps!

"Estimates suggest that in excess of 1,000,000 Iraqi children have died since the "end" of "Operation Desert Storm", due to US led embargos. "

So you disagree with the embargoes, yet think UN sanctions over weapons inspections, which include the embargoes, should be given time to work? Which is it?

And need I point out that Iraq takes in hundreds of millions of dollars, if not the billion range, for it's permitted oil sales for food and medical supplies?

There is plenty of money going to Iraq even with the embargo. That money is directed by it's dictator. When a dictators people starve because he does not spend the money on them, the responsibility for same falls on said dictator.

These deaths are due to Saddams choice of where the money goes, not anyone else.

quote:

Originally posted by Necronomicon:

I wonder how many Iraqis have developed cancer from all the depleted Uranium ordance we shot off over there? How about US GIs, for that matter? How does that differ from a "weapon of mass destruction" such as a nerve agent? Aren't chemical weapons banned under the Geneva Convention?

Who the fuck cares at this point? If I had a fly swatter and you had wings, you'd be smooshed on the wall right now.

quote:

Originally posted by Necronomicon:

I wonder how many Iraqis have developed cancer from all the depleted Uranium ordance we shot off over there? How about US GIs, for that matter? How does that differ from a "weapon of mass destruction" such as a nerve agent? Aren't chemical weapons banned under the Geneva Convention?

Same with nerve gas, sarin, ricin and VX.

So who makes those - Aum Shinro Kyi, Iraq, USA, etc.

buy yourself a Russian flying saucer - $15 million US $:

Photo by Vyacheslav Voyakin

Yuri Bezrukov smiles as he shows off his "flying saucer"

Among the stands advertising tropical tours, herbal remedies and ore mining projects at the APEC investment conference in Russia's Pacific port of Vladivostok, a former Soviet Air Force pilot hawks his latest invention: a futuristic vehicle that imitates a flying saucer.

A meter-long (3-foot-long) oval disk, equipped with tail wings sticking upward, dangles on a rope above Yuri Bezrukov's head, while a TV screen in the corner shows a computer-animated film about possible uses for the five-seat craft - a weekend hop to a deserted island, a rush-hour dash to the center of town.

Bezrukov has dubbed his vehicle Diskolyot, which translates into flying disk. Fifteen million dollars is all he needs to launch his brainchild, he hopefully announces to all who stop by his booth.

A scientist and economist who directs a branch of the Far Eastern Institute for Research, Design, Construction and Technology, Bezrukov has been recognized as an Honored Inventor of Russia - a title the state bestows on its most respected innovators. Unfortunately, the state hasn't backed up the honor with financing.

Bezrukov has taken out a Russian patent on what he calls "creation of lifting power by unconventional means," but he keeps the detailed specifications for his craft secret. He says he doesn't have the money for an international patent.

Photo by Vyacheslav Voyakin

A model of Bezrukov's "flying saucer"

Bezrukov hasn't tested a life-size model because of finances, but a smaller electric-powered model he made in 1999 did lift 20 centimeters (8 inches) into the air, he says.

"There is a principle of likeness in science," Bezrukov says. "If a small one took off, then a larger one will, too."

The flying saucer is designed to be six meters long and fly at a speed of 700 kilometers per hour (437 mph) using two 250-horsepower engines. The price tag for each saucer would be $120,000.

Bezrukov says he'll need as much as $13 million to produce a test model, which requires developing new steering mechanisms for the vehicle's unusual aerodynamics.

"I know how to do it," he says.

Bezrukov plans to produce 786 flying saucers per year, paying back the investment in five years.

He's already chosen his production site: the Progress military aviation plant, which, like other defense factories, has been forced to drastically scale down its business since the 1991 Soviet collapse. Based in the Russian Far Eastern town of Arseniev, it now mostly produces anti-ship supersonic cruise missiles, known in NATO as Sunburn.

Progress deputy chief engineer Andrei Kuznetsov said the plant would be happy to collaborate with Bezrukov, "but let him show us what to do and with what money."

quote:

It depends on how you define guilt. I did not say they should be in jail, I made no statements that is it not their right to speak as they wish, I didn't say they were "guilty" of anything in particular, though I will claim now they were guilty (in the sense of being responsible for their actions) of using very poor judgement.

They are free to speak as they wish and yet, you reserve yourself the right to submit them to an ordeal and potentially worse.

quote:

Wether or not we use personal standards and biases to judge a particular appearance in one way or another is one angle, but the fact that we do so nonetheless is merely a survivial instinct which remains valuable to this day

the issue is not whether you should use your sense of observation to spot trouble but whether you use incomplete information before you take counter action and how this reflect on little steadfastness in sustaining the values you claim to have (freedom, free speech, etc ...). Why is it that we acknowledge our wrong w.r.t. Japanese Americans and appear to be ready to repeat them toward another ethnic group?

quote:

Let's stop the music, and let slip the dogs of war

I am surprised you are still shooting the breeze around here and are not at the recruiting office. Or perhaps you intend to send your kids in your place? Or is it that you pay enough taxes for someone else to do your deed?