Trash

luvshaker

! How about a nice cabled and laddered girdle traverse of El-Cap? Or a "progressive" route parallel to The Nose that the "average" climber could enjoy?

Seriously, an average climber should be capable of climbing the Nose!

Again, we are probably to late to save the nose... I read in Rock & Bolts latest issue that Obamwa has already broken ground on the progressive cabled system to keep all the illegal aliens from sneaking into the valley to commit terrrisstic activities. STOP THE MADNESS, STOP!!!200px-Stop_sign_MUTCD_svg1.png

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you folks...including "El Jefe", "RuMR, "Drederek" etc.(kevbone is in his own special category)

Thanks Rain. You know I am not attacking you personally. I happen to like the fact that you have such a strong opinion, even if I dissagree with it.

:wave:

I just love collecting Care Bears from the Dawg... They make my sport climbing so soft, cuddly & safe.

Most of you folks...including "El Jefe", "RuMR, "Drederek" etc.(kevbone is in his own special category)

Thanks Rain. You know I am not attacking you personally. I happen to like the fact that you have such a strong opinion, even if I dissagree with it.

:wave:

I just love collecting Care Bears from the Dawg... They make my sport climbing so soft, cuddly & safe. (Not that I even sport climb much. I think I remember going sport climbing once in the past year and a half and that was only cause the complete North Ridge of Stuart was wet & snowy. If'n I'd had a Care Bear, we may have been able to pull it off, instead we took the dummdeded down option of clipping bolts for the day.)

How about a nice cabled and laddered girdle traverse of El-Cap? Or a "progressive" route parallel to The Nose that the "average" climber could enjoy?

Now your talking!!

how about some mac and cheese, a hot dog and some boxed wine on the local 5 star restaurant menu so us dirtbags can enjoy a white table clothe and some high quality atmosphere :)

Wrong again. It was ridiculous from the start. I love how some guy who barely posts logs-on and leaves a post like this, and then vanishes.

:lmao: I should create more avatars, and let them "age" for a few years, for better trolling results. Brilliant.

Edited by rob

somebody make it 200px-Stop_sign_MUTCD_svg.png
I've noticed you gone off and gotten all growed up since ya got hitched a while back... Yer spray is so tame and calm. Pink not stirring pot, WTF? :wave:

i'm divorced mister :) ready for the next crazy bitch to come my way ;)

Well, no wonder you are so calm. :) Some guys have all the luck.

107764.jpg

Ground breaking Johnny Dawes pro on hard British Gritstone. Mick Ryan put this link on St. Where clean climbing was invented and still 3 times cleaner than the dawg up there could imagine.

With a few inventive exceptions. Proving only perhaps that one mans trash is another country's excellent route protection.

Well, that pic disappeared...hmmmmmmmmm, while we wait, perhaps the Dawg should reflect on this:

bolt_boxes.jpg

Which was full of the larger ones at one point:

Bolt_pic_resized_2nd.jpg

Which was the evolution of this 1954's Warren Harding hanger that had a 1/4 x 1-1/4" split shank construction bolt on it.

First_bolt_hanger_from_Middle_Cathedral_East_Buttress_route.jpg

In most folks world view, in many ways, things have gotten better.

• 2 months later...

Oh, thanks so much for exhuming this thread Jibby. :rolleyes:

Raindog's been around for quite awhile, I'm sure he's pushed himself plenty, but not necessarily in the same way you do. It's apples and oranges. What he does climbing wise is plenty valid, though I don't agree with his summary dismissal of what others do.

So for me too push myself and accomplish the hardest moves possible on a rope, the placement of bolts is a necessity. They allow for the 'blank' faces to be climbed. This is the natural progression of the sport. For Raindog, 5.10 trad might be your limit, for others this is not. They are trying to climb their best and thus ensues sport crags. Stay with your classic trad lines(long approaches) and away from sport crags!