Dino Rossi

Hugh Conway

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that what tweaks people out is to see COLA in place while private folks are getting hours cut or pay reduced in these nasty economic times. That said, the topic is being used to bash public employees in general.

It's the old divide and conquer tactics. Instead of demanding a halt to the race to the bottom, corporate tools incite to hatred against employees who have unions to protect their interests.

I mean Christmas! -- teachers? I know, let's say that kids are the highest priority but stuff 32 of them in a classroom with 10% of those with special needs, pay mediocre salaries, and expect the teachers to swim upsteam against everything from non-functional families to NCLB.

It's going to be interesting (read grim) now that the public has reversed the candy/soda tax (I mean really? Candy and Soda repeal?) and voted down the income tax.

1053 is the really scary part. if the court doesn't strike it down as unconstitutional, we are condemned to bankruptcy and dwindling public and social programs like California.

I'm thinking of starting an initiative for

1) drowns Tim Eyman in a bathtub, or

2) eliminates the use of paid signature gatherors.

Killing those you disagree with - par for the course from the left.

that's right. The right kills everyone.

Gotta love how the left claims to want to hear the people's voice... except when they "speak up" and pass initiatives.

Gotta love how the left claims to want to hear the people's voice... except when they "speak up" and pass initiatives.

Yea. An ex-college ring salesman making his living off initiatives funded by out-of-state interests. Home grown all the way.

You are making stuff up per usual. The left refuses the tyranny of the minority (like a 2/3 vote requirement) precisely because it wants the people to be heard. Orwell would be proud of you.

Nope, you are very poorly informed on multiple counts. Orwell hated Stalinists. What about reading some instead of continually making an ass of yourself?

Anyhow, it stands to reason that anyone to the left of joe Lieberman be "extreme left" for a storm-trooper like you.

Nope, you are very poorly informed on multiple counts. Orwell hated Stalinists. What about reading some instead of continually making an ass of yourself?

Anyhow, it stands to reason that anyone to the left of joe Lieberman be "extreme left" for a storm-trooper like you.

You are as far-left as they come. Even TTK rejects you as a kook.

You are as far-left as they come. Even TTK rejects you as a kook.

You have the political acumen of a stump. I have never argued for anything other than a mixed economy (i.e. the most common economic model in the world today, including that of the US), democracy and republican citizenry.

Edited by j_b