juan williams firing - fucked up or not?

ivan

juan williams - fuck up or not?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. juan williams - fuck up or not?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPR obviously didn't like him being on Fox. This was their opportunity to get rid of him.

agreed - but couldn't they have planted some crack in his office or something instead? the cause given seems uber-retarded.

If you keep agreeing with me other liberals are going to start to take notice and then get you fired for some minor comment.

I might have to watch Saturday Night Live to see what they do with this. Maybe that blond chick can be Chris Wallace as moderator.

No

Political

Respect or Tolerance

You'd think he'd know better than not toe the party line. Retrogressive Libtards have no tolerance for any other viewpoint if our own jb has been any indication.

watcha think?

NPR didn't want to be associated with someone making islamophobic statements on FOX, the most xenophobic cable channel in the USA. The same extremist channel that has been waging a coordinated race-baiting campaign against Obama and progressives. Can you seriously blame NPR for kicking out the moron when they warned him for months about his appearances on FOX?

a little common sense, please, although I don't expect any common sense from the hypocrites who cheered when McClatchy dumped Helen Thomas.

Another example of the intolerance of the left.

:tup:

i disagree w/ the both of you precisely b/c there's plenty, maybe even a majority (my interest in the poll), of folks on the left who think the firing was wrong

fox is fawked for sure, but there was nothign wrong w/ what williams said - he didn't say "i hate muslims" - and there need to be liberals on conservative shows and vice versa

npr is nowhere near as liberal as fox is conservative at any rate, and i would love to see fox do fundraising drives every 3 goddamn months to stay on the air!

npr is nowhere near as liberal as fox is conservative at any rate, and i would love to see fox do fundraising drives every 3 goddamn months to stay on the air!

And Fox doesn't boot people for expressing their view point... unlike left-wing libtard media outlets. Thanks for proving the point.

The left is extremely intolerant to opposing opinions and is all too willing to silence them at the first opportunity, by whatever means.

And Fox doesn't boot people for expressing their view point... unlike left-wing libtard media outlets. Thanks for proving the point.

The left is extremely intolerant to opposing opinions and is all too willing to silence them at the first opportunity, by whatever means.

Hmm, you might have a point if you were talking just about NPR, but your generalizations are showing, again. How embarrassing.

fox is fawked for sure, but there was nothign wrong w/ what williams said - he didn't say "i hate muslims" - and there need to be liberals on conservative shows and vice versa

He made a prejudiced statement about all those that wear arabic garb. It's wasn't a private discussion but a show on national TV held by one of the most consistently racist pundit and he is supposed to be a credible "news analyst" for NPR whose overwhelming majority of listeners are likely to be put off.

i don't pay enough attention to fox to know if they boot folks for their viewpts, but it would hardly suprise me even if it was true - all they care about is making money, so the crazier the better for them

as for the left, how many examples are we really talking about here? and do you really think all those folks who contribute their 10$/month aren't bitching currently?

the left is certainly no more intolerant to opposition than the right - bill maher, for example, almost always has a geniune, intellectual conservative on his show, and not just for show or to be a whipping boy.

fox is fawked for sure, but there was nothign wrong w/ what williams said

Really? How 'bout this one: "When black people stand behind me at the grocery store, I get nervous. Because the crime rate among the black population is higher."? Same deal.