juan williams firing - fucked up or not?

ivan

juan williams - fuck up or not?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. juan williams - fuck up or not?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well sorry if someone mentioned this, i kinda skim read threw.

but the problem is he was on Fox news as a Representative of NPR that's how he was introduced, therefore what he says reflects back on NPR. NPR has the right to say, no that's not how we wish people to view us, for one, and no we don't want this person spreading a biased opinion around under our badge.

He is allowed his freedom of speech, and personal opinions but once he starts using his capacity as representative of NPR to spread his opinion, NPR has the right to say no we don't want you to do that. Now firing was a bit much, they first should have asked him to correct himself, but then again maybe they did, and he refused, so he got fired for not withdrawing his statement or correcting it.

kinda reminds me of the Geico Guy whom got fired, even though he was expressing himself, without any connection to his work. where was everyone condemning that, that was an actual case of him losing his right to free speech, and all those ass hats on fox news where saying that it was justified. funny how they manipulate things to their advantage, when it suits to further justify some crap they pretend to be news..

Well, and they were finally able to get rid of the only black male on NPR too...of course, that makes the whole "lets preach diversity thing" much more difficult though.....Hmmm. well, it never stopped most republicans from being hypocrites and preaching morality to the rest of us, they might as well openly join the club.

Nope, not true. There are other black employees at NPR. It's just Bill regurgitating right wing talking points.

I've never gone that far right to even know that they are bringing this shit up.

well, it never stopped most republicans from being hypocrites and preaching morality to the rest of us, they might as well openly join the club.

Yeah, I want a link to see which right wingers on what site are bring up the republican morality hypocrisy issue that most of us are seriously bothered over. Is this Fox?

[font:Arial Black]

LINK! LINK! LINK! LINK![/font]

Sung to the tune of [font:Arial Black]

DRINK! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK![/font]