Marriage and climbing

Heinouscling

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those you who think guys are the only ones who have it tough in this department...

My best friend just got engaged... We would go on long, ass kicking bike rides almost every weekend, I had her almost convinced to try climbing with me this winter... Then her prince charming goes and proposes to her...

I got an email from her tonight (have not heard from her in a month and a half) Her wedding is a half a year away and she's already got her dress. (she'd better not party too much, or that dress might not fit) Good Grief!. This isn't envy talking either... She's gonna move from Seattle to Cincinatti for this guy... Ack! So much for teaching her to race track bikes and climb..

Oh well, I wish her all the best and happiness...

But, Heinous, I hear your pain, man... Sucks!

She's moving to Cincinatti for this dude? Fucking A, thats almost as bad as taking up bowling. I would never move to the flat lands for a woman. No way man! Well, you might as well kiss that friend goodbye. She's a lost soul.

Ha, I'm sitting here watching Mr. Methane on Stern. This guy is great. He's playing music out of his bung hole and it actually doesn't sound too bad. Ha!

-Heinous

Is everyone thinkin' what I ams. Ice girl and hyena gettin'together?Climbing , Howard Stern. Sounds to me like it is a match made in heaven. I want an invite you crazy kids.I'll bet that the P.M's have started already.Well the 3 day ovulation cycle is almost over and so is my vacation. Finally I will be able to go back to work and get some rest.

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:
My best friend just got engaged... We would go on long, ass kicking bike rides almost every weekend, I had her almost convinced to try climbing with me this winter... Then her prince charming goes and proposes to her...

Take note guys! This might well be the first time a woman has ever complained about a guy willing to make a long term committment.

I've got an ex-girlfriend who I'm still hung up on, but the simple fact is she lives in Miami...flat as shit, hot as hades. Only good thing is the ocean and the hotties in bikinis, but with a girlfriend, ahh well you know.

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:
yeah, no foolin'...

Almost as bad a bowling...

Another one bites the dust...

We have Stern here in the a.m. I listen to him on my way to work sometimes... puts me in the right frame of mind...

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: icegirl ]

Hmmm, IceGirl, you're starting to sound like my kind of woman. Climbs ice, listens to Stern, likes to grovel in the mud ... Now the question is, are you good looking and do you have big boobies? grin.gif" border="0 OK ALREADY! Before the feminist hoardes (led by Daisy) get on my ASS, I was just pulling IceGirl's chain. No harm done. Hey IceGirl, I'll drink a brew with you at the festival (provided I can fend off Caveman and Trask).

-Heinous

I was married before I got seriously into climbing. I knew that if I wanted to become the climber I desired to be that I have to have a wife who climbed as well (because not only did I not want to be away from her every weekend, I didn't think that it would be fair to her) frown.gif" border="0 .

Therefore, when I signed up for my first climbing class, I signed my wife up as well grin.gif" border="0 —she wasn’t too happy about this initially, but after she started the class she discovered that she very much liked climbing cool.gif" border="0 . She has become an excellent climber who continually helps me to hone my own skills by urging me to climb harder and harder routes—she is a first class belayer and my absolute favorite climbing partner. We completed dozen of routes this past year—just the two of us. grin.gif" border="0

That thing about bowling really does suck; I know a guy who traded in his tools for a set of golf clubs—what the hell! [Moon]

One month into relationship "I think it's great that you get out all the time. I wish I could get out more"

Six months into relationship "I don't care that the weather’s finally clearing. I want to stay in town this weekend"

Ten Months; end of relationship "If you want to keep going out with me, you’re going to have to spend a lot less time in the mountains"

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Larson:
Well the 3 day ovulation cycle is almost over and so is my vacation.

let me get this straight dan- as vaguely as i can remember from skimming your stupid posts- you took some vacation time to climb rainier with some out of town dudes, who then bailed, so you used your vacation time going to movies and surfing cc.com? did it ever occur to you to at least just go for a hike or something?

man do you suck [Wazzup]

All you guys who've tried to get a woman to climb, or gotten her to climb only to have her leave (the bitch)...

You must have some cool gear laying around that doesn't fit you....

Icegirl is always in the market for size pygmie gear... for the right price, I'd be happy to take it off you hands wink.gif" border="0

Anyone got a size 36-37 Super Mountain 9's or equivalent laying around??? or some size XS or S gortex gathering dust...

Hey, I had to ask...

icegrrl,

some of us have old girlfriend gear lying around. but being the enviromentally conscious conservative that i am, i have recylced it to the next girlfriend. though all the gear should be on the market soon. it comes in a package deal though..........me included grin.gif" border="0

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Larson:
Now get over here and finish sno sealing my boots you Leg

sorry dan, i don't think i'm turned on by your homo-sadistic fantasies. i should have known a guy like you is really looking for a "pretty boy". and please stop lusting over the picture in my bio.