Healthcare costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Crillz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an interesting response to losing to a party of the opposing side of the political spectrum: instead of moving towards the center, moving further right. Perhaps I am interpreting this wrong, but this seems counter to how democracies are supposed to function...that is, if they actually expect to win office (and not just a primary). I guess it all depends on who shows up at the polls in november.

I think you are reading it wrong. For far too long have representatives acted outside the interest of their constituents (Republicans and Democrats). I don't think that it matters if the candidate is further right or left, just not the incumbent.

FWIW I think you'll see the GOP get behind these new candidates rather quickly since they have no choice. I also don't think it'll help Democrats unless they can turn the economy around between now and November.

Its an interesting response to losing to a party of the opposing side of the political spectrum: instead of moving towards the center, moving further right. Perhaps I am interpreting this wrong, but this seems counter to how democracies are supposed to function...that is, if they actually expect to win office (and not just a primary). I guess it all depends on who shows up at the polls in november.

I think you are reading it wrong. For far too long have representatives acted outside the interest of their constituents (Republicans and Democrats). I don't think that it matters if the candidate is further right or left, just not the incumbent.

FWIW I think you'll see the GOP get behind these new candidates rather quickly since they have no choice. I also don't think it'll help Democrats unless they can turn the economy around between now and November.

Past elections indicate that the GOP probably won't get behind these rogue candidates, nor will centrist GOP voters. As Repubs are chronically outnumbered by Dems, simple arithmetic would predict that tea baggers, despite all their bluster, will be as disappointed as their GOP rivals this November. Call it a conservative dot com bubble.

Persuasion by 'fuck you'...a strategy not unknown to the tea baggers on this site, and one that will be every bit as effective.

The GOP leadership despises the Palins of the world...far, far more than their Democratic 'opponents'...who are actually long term friends and colleagues for the most part. The tea baggers haven't yet figured out that the GOP considers them 'other'. They will in a few weeks.

To me, they're just a bunch of dumbshit Kochsuckers.

Ohhhh, I got you. ;)

Meanwhile...

If Palin has made any final, official decision to run, she’s kept it from her inner circle of advisers; no doubt she’s mulling her next move with her closest confidant, her husband Todd. But lately, alongside the personal tweets that have been a primary means of communicating with the outside world in recent months, Team Palin has begun issuing press releases. The smoke signals indicate her staff has begun working in earnest on a White House run.

“It has become very apparent to everyone on her staff that she is preparing to run for president,” says a former aide.

“No one has been told directly, but staffers are working under the assumption that she’s running," says one former aide who has knowledge of the inner workings of the PAC, who requested anonymity talking about his ex-boss’ plans. "It has become very apparent to everyone on her staff that she is preparing to run for president. The staff is now working. They are writing speeches, preparing talking points, picking congressmen to endorse all under the umbrella of what you would do two years out before running for president and that’s their understanding. It’s a 2012 ball game, and they should plan on that basis.” from here.

It's all about how her endorsees do in the midterms. I'm giddy with anticipation!

Ohhhh, I got you. ;)

Meanwhile...

If Palin has made any final, official decision to run, she’s kept it from her inner circle of advisers; no doubt she’s mulling her next move with her closest confidant, her husband Todd. But lately, alongside the personal tweets that have been a primary means of communicating with the outside world in recent months, Team Palin has begun issuing press releases. The smoke signals indicate her staff has begun working in earnest on a White House run.

“It has become very apparent to everyone on her staff that she is preparing to run for president,” says a former aide.

“No one has been told directly, but staffers are working under the assumption that she’s running," says one former aide who has knowledge of the inner workings of the PAC, who requested anonymity talking about his ex-boss’ plans. "It has become very apparent to everyone on her staff that she is preparing to run for president. The staff is now working. They are writing speeches, preparing talking points, picking congressmen to endorse all under the umbrella of what you would do two years out before running for president and that’s their understanding. It’s a 2012 ball game, and they should plan on that basis.” from here.

It's all about how her endorsees do in the midterms. I'm giddy with anticipation!

And Tina Fey's thoughts?

Well, Obama said the new health care law would not up anyone's rates. AS is commonly discussed, they are going up 20-30% right now allegedly by about every insurer, and the insurers are laying it directly on the new regulations...hmmm, it appears that we were lied too. Hard to believe a politician would do that.

there is no good reason to believe the health care industry over believing Obama that anything in the health care bill would cause insurance rates to go up 30%. In fact, quite the opposite is true since health insurers haven't waited for Obama to give us the most expensive health care on the planet for very modest quality care.